- Union County Public Schools
Return to Headlines
Administrative changes for the 2021-2022 school year
Union County Public Schools is pleased to announce the following administrative changes for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Kasha Giddins has been named director of student support services. Mrs. Giddins has served as principal at the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe Middle since July 2019. She was also an educator in New Jersey for 13 years, serving in teaching and administrative positions.
- Jamar Bellamy has been named principal at the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe Middle. Dr. Bellamy has been an assistant principal at the school since 2015. He also served as a teacher in Union County Public Schools from 2008 to 2015.
- Matt Lasher has been named principal at Marvin Ridge High School. Mr. Lasher is currently the principal at East Elementary, where he has served since 2018. Mr. Lasher worked at Marvin Ridge High as an assistant principal from 2013 to 2018. He was also an assistant principal at Monroe High during the 2017-2018 school year and at Porter Ridge Middle during the 2012-2013 school year. Mr. Lasher began his teaching career in 2003 in a local school system. Mrs. Donna Cook is retiring this fall.
- Michelle Goode has been named principal at East Elementary. Mrs. Goode has been an assistant principal at the school since 2019. From 2014 to 2019, she served as an assistant principal at Cuthbertson Middle and a teacher at Rea View Elementary from 2007 to 2014. Mrs. Goode also taught in Illinois for seven years and in a local school system from 1995 to 2000.
- Susan Rodgers has been named Director of K-12 Curriculum and Instruction. Dr. Rodgers has been a principal since 2016, leading Sun Valley and Shiloh Valley elementary schools. She has also worked as an AIG teacher, assistant principal at Parkwood Middle, and a Curriculum Coordinator at Shiloh Elementary and Wingate Elementary. Dr. Laurel Healy retired July 1.
- Cole Hurst has been named principal at Shiloh Valley Elementary. Mr. Hurst has served as the assistant principal at Shiloh Valley Elementary since 2019 and worked as the assistant principal at Sun Valley Elementary in 2018. He was also a teacher at Sun Valley Elementary from 2010 – 2018. Dr. Susan Rodgers was named director of K-12 curriculum and instruction in May.
- Stacey Barber has been named Director of Student Assignment/Title IX Coordinator. Dr. Barber has worked as the Lead Student Placement Specialist in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools for nearly 15 years. She was also the Ombudsman Resolution Specialist for one year. Dr. Barber began her career in education as an Exceptional Children’s Teacher. Dr. Debbie Taylor, who previously held the Student Assignment position, retired in April.
- Cathy Haney has been named principal at Rocky River Elementary. Mrs. Haney has been the assistant principal at Rocky River Elementary since 2018. She joined the Rocky River team in 2014 as a teacher and also worked as an interventionist and principal intern during the 2016 – 2017 school years. Mrs. Sherry Richardson is retiring this summer.
- Ernest Marcello has been named principal at Waxhaw Elementary. He is currently an assistant principal at Sun Valley High School, where he has served since 2019. Mr. Marcello also worked as an assistant principal at Cuthbertson Middle from 2014 – 2019 and as an administrator in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
- Tracy Strickland has been named principal at Parkwood High School. She is currently the director of student support services and has served in this role since 2019. Dr. Strickland was the principal at Piedmont Middle from 2015 – 2019. She has also worked as an assistant principal at Piedmont High, Monroe High and East Union Middle. Mrs. Carole Alley retired July 1.
Published July 21, 2021