Return to Headlines
Important Back to School Dates!
It is time to start thinking about the new school year! Please mark your calendars for the following important dates!
- New Family Orientation (Grades 1-5 Only) - Thursday, August 15th - 6:00-7:00 pm This session is only for families new to Stallings Elementary with students in grades 1-5. During the session we will share information about our school and answer any questions you may have about your new school. Our new students are welcome to attend!
- Kindergarten Parent Orientation - Tuesday, August 20th - 6:00-7:00 pm This session is for the parents of our newest Stallions...our Kindergarten students! Our Kindergarten teachers and administrative team will provide parents with an overview of our school and other important Kindergarten information. This session is for parents only. Please note that Kindergarten students attend school on a staggered schedule during the week of August 26th-August 30th. All Kindergarten students will start full time on Tuesday, September 3rd. The staggered schedule will be mailed to Kindergarten parents in late July.
- Open House for Grades 1-5 - Thursday, August 22nd - 4:00-6:00 pm Classroom assignments will be posted outside of individual classroom doors. Bus information, PTO information and After School representatives will also be available if needed. Please drop in anytime between 4:00 and 6:00 pm. This Open House is NOT for Kindergarten families.
- First Day of School - Monday, August 26th All students can be dropped off in the car rider line starting at 7:45 am. Please note that the tardy bell rings at 8:15 am. We ask that all students arrive by 8:00 am so they have time to be prepared for their day. Bus information will be available at Open House (This information will NOT be mailed out this year). Please have students at their assigned bus stops at least 10 minutes prior to their pick up time. Times can vary the first few days of school as drivers get accustomed to their routes. Any students planning to purchase breakfast in the cafeteria must arrive by 8:00 am. Kindergarten students will attend the first week of school on a staggered schedule based on their last name. This information will be mailed out in late July.
- Curriculum/Classroom Information Night - Thursday, September 5th - GRADES 1-5 ONLY Please join us for these very important classroom information sessions! Each classroom teacher will provide parents with information about classroom procedures, expectations, grade level curriculum information, and much more. Identical sessions will be held at 6:00 pm and 6:45 pm allowing parents with students in different grade levels to attend each session. If you only have one child at our school you only need to attend one session. AIG and EC teachers will hold sessions at 5:15 pm and 6:00 pm so that parents can attend their child's regular classroom session as well. Please note that these sessions will be a "sit down" format so please arrive on time for the session you plan to attend.
- Kindergarten Open House - Thursday, August 29th - 5:30-6:30 pm Kindergarten classroom teacher assignments will be posted outside classroom doors. Both parents and students should attend. During this Open House, parents will be able to meet their child's assigned Kindergarten teacher and teachers will share classroom specific requirements and schedules. All Kindergarten students will start attending school full time on Tuesday, September 3rd.
Please give us a call if you have any questions!