The transition to high school is an exciting and important time for families. Union County Public Schools offers many high school options for students to explore their interests, passions, and postsecondary aspirations.
Through various academies, pathways, and courses, students have access to a number of rigorous programs that will prepare them for college and/or the workforce.
As we work through a virtual environment, high school counselors, teachers and administrators are committed to assisting students and their parents with navigating information about courses, expectations, registration information and more.
UCPS has developed a webpage to guide families and inform them about virtual information sessions, key dates and links to important resources.
High School Program Options webpage:
- Jan. 4 - Feb. 15 - Application period for Central Academy of Technology and Arts (CATA), the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe High, International Baccalaureate (IB) Program at Marvin Ridge High and Union County Early College. Apply via Scribbles.
- Jan. 21, 6 - 8 p.m. - Virtual parent information sessions for CATA, the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe High, IB Program at Marvin Ridge High and Union County Early College. Register via this link.
- Jan. 25 - 30, beginning at 4 p.m. - Virtual Career and Technical Education information sessions - View schedule and pathway options.
- Feb. 1 - 11, beginning at 6 p.m. - Virtual academic and elective information sessions - View schedule and webinar links.
- Feb. 15 - March 26 - High school course registration. Rising ninth-grade students will be registered after all current high school students have completed the registration process. High school counselors will provide further registration information to rising freshmen.
Posted January 7, 2021