- Unionville Elementary (es)
Books and Brackets
Unionville third and fourth graders will be competing with other county schools in a different kind of March Madness. Students will record the number of minutes they read each night on the Books and Brackets reading log. Each week, schools will be eliminated from the contest until schools have been narrowed down to the Final Four on March 16. The final champion will be announced via live broadcast from Wingate University on March 23. Come on, Bobcats! Read all you can so that Unionville will be the Reading Champion this year!
- Third grade and fourth grade students will be measured based upon the number of minutes read.
- Students will record the number of minutes read (home, school, and myON) on the Books and Brackets Reading Log. Time recorded must reflect minutes read within the reading windows. (for example: minutes cannot count prior to Thursday, February 15 at 2:01PM). A copy of this form is provided at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1esMERM3bkiFIeoqpQ6TCfYcSqq7HvJeWeSoNpvNCavw/edit
- At the end of each week, a Google form will be e-mailed to each contact listed on the 2018 Books and Bracket Grade-Level Chair Contact Info form. Each school will submit the total number of minutes read and the total students enrolled for third grade and fourth grade. The average minutes read (total minutes divided by total enrolled students) by both grade levels will be totaled to determine the school’s overall average for the week. The form should be completed by 4PM each Thursday.
- Cumulative averages will be used to narrow down the brackets to determine the winner. The schools that qualify for the Top 16, Elite 8, and Final 4 will be announced each Friday.