September 30, 2019
Message from Mr. Childers September 30, 2019
This is Tom Childers contacting you from Antioch Elementary School. Students do not attend school on Monday, September 30th, it is a teacher workday. Gatorthon is the major capital fundraiser sponsored by the Antioch Elementary PTO and it Ends on 9/30 - Click here for more information. Our PTO raised more than $1,300 on Friday during the Annual Swamp Slammer.
The Antioch Ambassadors will sponsor Spirit Week on Tuesday through Friday.
10/1 - Antioch Spirit Wear- No Spirit Wear yet? Students can wear Green and Blue
10/2 - Pajama Day
10/3 - Crazy Hair Day
10/4 - Pink Out! (wear as much pink as you can!) - Our PTO will sponsor the Pink Out Hairspray Event in the courtyard from 7:00 am - 7:30 pm. Proceeds go to support - Carolina Breast Friends.
Antioch Students will participate in Health & Wellness day on Thursday, October 3rd. Students will participate in Vision and Hearing Screenings as well as hear presentations from members of our community. This is always an enjoyable day for students. Thank you to Ms. Sloop for organizing this event!
More information about the Mass Hearing Screenings
Because hearing is important to your child’s ability to learn and progress in school, Union County Public Schools will be providing annual mass hearing screenings at Antioch Elementary on 10/3/19. We will be screening all students in grades K, 2, and students new to our county in grades 4 and 5. If you do not want your child to participate in this screening, please alert your school’s Speech Language Pathologist, Kathy Howard, M.Ed, CCC-SLP.
Any student who has possible hearing problems noted during this screening will be re-screened in approximately 4-6 weeks by the Union County Audiologist. If your child has ANY problems at the time of the 2nd screening, the Audiologist will send a letter home notifying you of the results. If you have any questions about the hearing screening, please call Kathy Howard at (704) 841-2505.
Think about your child and other children's safety when you are on our campus. Please help by doing the following:
- Do not pass stopped traffic in the car rider line.
- Do not have your child exit the vehicle on the driver's side.
- You must walk your child to the sidewalk if you are parking in the parking lot during morning drop off.
- Do not attempt to use the walker door in the afternoon unless you live in Brookhaven or have special circumstances that you have discussed in advance with the principal.
Our first priority at Antioch Elementary is the safety of our students and staff. I appreciate your support.
Upcoming Events: Did you know that a full list of school events is available on the Antioch Elementary Website?
10/4 - Pink Out @ WHS Football Game
10/8 - Early Release - Students dismissed at 11:00am
10/9 - Optional Teacher Workday
10/11 - Fall Book Fair- October 11-17. Come on, Let’s Bookie! Jump, jive, and boogie though the best books of Fall 2019!!
- Class Preview Visits are Friday, October 11.
- Class Purchase visits are October 14-17 - your student's teacher will let you know their scheduled times!
- Put on your “BOOKIE” shoes @ Family Dance Night! Friday, October 11 from 6 - 8 PM Food Trucks will be available
- Food!! Fun!! Shop the Book Fair!! Boogie the night away with your family, friends, and professional dancers!!
- Pastries With Parents - Tuesday, October 15 & Wednesday, October 16 from 7:00- 8:30 AM . Please come at the time that suits your schedule, but know that traffic is much lighter after 7:30 AM! Enjoy Krispy Kreme donuts, juice, coffee and time to shop the book fair with your student!
- Volunteers needed to help with class visits and family events!! Please sign up here: http://bit.ly/AntiochBookFairFall2019
10/16 - SIT Meeting
10/18 - Fall Pictures
Thank you for supporting our school - working together as one team on one mission, we are meeting needs, challenging minds and celebrating accomplishments.
Until next time… Have a great day!