Messages from Mr. Childers
- Antioch Elementary School (es)
- Archived Blackboard Connect Messages
February 2, 2020
Message from Mr. Childers February 2, 2020
This is Tom Childers contacting you from Antioch Elementary. Congratulations to Mr. Michael and the cast of Aladdin Jr. on three wonderful performances this weekend. The fourth and fifth grade students who attended the event enjoyed the show. Thursday of this week will mark the 100th day of school.
I would like parent input on the issue of Birthday Treats and "Sugary Snacks" in the classroom. Please complete the survey by February 14, 2020. Policy changes will not occur during the current school, however changes may be considered for the 2020 - 2021 school year. Click here to take the survey.
On February 21st the Antioch PTO will host the Bingo & Baskets Annual Fundraiser. This is a terrific event. I encourage you to click on this link for full details. Bingo & Baskets Information
Antioch Elementary BUCKS vs HORNETS – Sunday, March 1st Come support Antioch Elementary as the Charlotte Hornets take on the Milwaukee Bucks on Sunday, March 1st . Exclusive discounted tickets for all Antioch Elementary school buyers as well as VIP access to pre-game shootaround. Tickets must be purchased through this link in order to have access to the Special fan experiences. VIP Access to Pregame Shootaround – 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM Doors open for public 12:00PM Tipoff 1:00PM To purchase tickets, please visit the link below:
Kindergarten Registration Begins on February 3rd. Antioch Elementary has four events that will be repeated for parents and rising Kindergarten students. We will host a school tour and open house on the following dates February 11th (6:00pm), March 9th (9:00am), April 2nd (6:00pm) and May 5th (9:00am). Parents should sign up for one of these events here. Full details about Kindergarten Registration are available with this link.
Upcoming Events: Did you know that a full list of school events is available on the Antioch Elementary Website?
- 2/11 - Fourth Grade Field Trip - Ovens Auditorium
- 2/11 - Kindergarten Tour @ 6:00pm
- 2/12 - Duty Free Lunch for Staff
- 2/17 - Teacher Workday
- 2/18 - Dual Language Advisory Council Meeting
- 2/19 - School Improvement Team Meeting
- 2/20 - 5th Grade Field Trip - Charlotte Motor Speedway
- 2/21 - Bingo & Baskets
- 2/24 - Progress Reports Go Home
- 2/25 - NC Check In Math (Grades 3-5)
- 2/26 - Duty Free Lunch for Staff
- 2/27 - NC Check In Science (Grade 5)
- 2/27 - Kindergarten Field Trip - Matthews Playhouse
- 2/28 - Character Dress Up Day
- 2/28 - Spring Bookfair Begins
- 3/3 & 3/4 - Pastries for Parents
- 3/5 - Second & Third Grade Concert
- 3/6 - Read Across America Day
Thank you for supporting our school - working together as one team on one mission, we are meeting needs, challenging minds and celebrating accomplishments.
Until next time… Have a great day!