Messages from Mr. Childers
- Antioch Elementary School (es)
- Archived Blackboard Connect Messages
July 19, 2021
This is Tom Childers contacting you from Antioch Elementary. A new school year will begin in five weeks. We are planning to host several "in-person" events. Please note this information is subject to change with local or state guidelines. Parents may access the student school supply lists here. Your child's teacher will contact you on Monday, August 16th or Tuesday, August 17th to introduce themselves. This call is a brief conversation to communicate your child's class placement.
Antioch will welcome our new Kindergarten students on Tuesday, August 17th for the Kindergarten Assessment. Parents should use this link to register.
Our school will host a new family orientation on Wednesday, August 18th at 10:00am. Students and parents will have an opportunity to tour the building and learn about the exciting things that are happening at Antioch Elementary. Please use this link to register for the event.
On August 19th, our school will hold an Open House for all students in grades K-5. Our school will offer two sessions:
Session 1 - 11:00am - 12:30pm (Last name A-K)
- 11:00am - 12:00pm - Parents and students may visit the teacher or obtain other information about the school in the gym or cafeteria.
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm - Parents and students should report to the classroom for a curriculum presentation by your child's teacher.
Session 2 - 4:30pm - 6:00pm (Last name L-Z)
- 4:30pm - 5:30pm - Parents and students may visit the teacher or obtain other information about the school in the gym or cafeteria.
- 5:30pm - 6:00pm - Parents and students should report to the classroom for a curriculum presentation by your child's teacher.
Need to attend more than one Curriculum Presentation? Do not worry… all presentations with commentary will be available on the Antioch Website by Friday, August 20th. . Parents may attend the session that best meets your scheduling needs. This event will provide an opportunity for you to obtain information about the Antioch PTO, our After School Care Program, Transportation and Child Nutrition.
I look forward to seeing everyone soon.
Thank you for supporting our school - working together as one team on one mission, we are meeting needs, challenging minds, and celebrating accomplishments.
Until next time… Have a great day!