Messages from Mr. Ferguson
- New Salem Elementary (es)
- Messages from Mr. Ferguson
Message from Mr. Ferguson
In an earlier message I mentioned a tentative date and purpose of our New Salem curriculum night. The purpose was primarily to introduce you to the new K-3 reading assessment and allow parents access to its Parent Portal. However, as this program is new to the state and Union County we are not prepared to deliver that training because we don’t have all the information we need from the state to give you what you need. Therefore, we are postponing the curriculum night until we can deliver a quality event for you. In addition, our teachers will be offering curriculum night on two separate nights this year. We will have one night for K-2 parents and one night for 3-5 parents. More information and dates will come in the near future. We will be surveying you to find out what other needs you may have that we could support you with at the curriculum night.
The Fun Run, known as the Spooky Sprint, will happen on October 11th. This is our largest fundraiser of the year. Here are some important details:
Go ahead and seek out sponsors who will make a pledge when your child runs!
Monster Mash Pep Rally – October 4th
- Held during grade level specials time.
- Students can wear costumes … NO masks or face paint. MUST be able to go to the restroom independently.
Spooky Sprint FUN RUN – October 11th
- K – 2nd grade 8:00am – 9:30am
- 3rd – 5th grade 10:00am – 11:30am
- Bag lunch – K thru 2nd Grade 11:00
- Bag lunch – 3rd thru 5th grade 11:45
- Please ask students to bring a towel and water bottle.
- Parent Volunteers needed(must be UCPS approved). Parents are to contact the office if they can volunteer.
The progress report window for the first 9 weeks ended on the 25th. I hope you are signed up to conference with your teacher. Teachers will present you with a progress report at your conference.
Monday is a teacher workday. There is no school on Monday.