- Monroe High (hs)
- Daily DJ Autobiographies
10/30/2020: Faculty Friday w/ Mrs. Legates
I'm originally from Florida, so you would think I'd have more beach music on my list, but that's for another time. Growing up, I was always involved in dance and cheerleading, two things I miss the most. I was on Appalachian State's dance team my freshmen and sophomore years of college. Now, my dancing is confined to my living room and kitchen. Whenever I'm cooking or cleaning, I always have music on. My two Australian Shepherds are never impressed, and my husband usually ignores it. Anyway, here's my list!
- “Best Song Ever” by One Direction- I was late to 1D, but whenever I need to dance something out, I listen to this.
- “I Don't Feel Like Dancing” by Scissor Sisters- Don't let the title fool you; you'll definitely feel like dancing to this one.
- “One Piece at a Time” by Johnny Cash- I grew up riding around in my grandpa's 73 GMC and listening to classic country.
- “The Way I Talk” by Morgan Wallen-This song pretty much describes my childhood with my grandparents. I love driving down the road, windows down, blasting it in my truck.
- “The Man” by Taylor Swift- Even if you don't like T Swift, give this one a listen for the lyrics and message.
- “The Bones” by Maren Morris- This reminds me that a strong foundation is key.
- “I Surrender All” by Dawn Michele and Tim Timmons- With all the confusion lately, I play this at least once a day.
- “Home” by Edward Sharpe- It's the intro song to one of my favorite movies, Stuck in Love.
- “Human Right” by The Strike- Another from a favorite movie, To All the Boys I've Loved Before.
- “I'm Still Standing” by Elton John- my four year old niece loves this song from Sing, so we frequently have car dance parties listening to it.”