August 24, 2022
Message from August 24, 2022
Good evening, Parkwood Wolf Pack families,
This is Dr. Strickland with some important information about the roundabout and how that will impact transportation and traffic at Parkwood High School.
The NCDOT has confirmed that the roundabout at Rocky River and Hwy 200 will not be completed before the school year begins. Knowing that this will impact arrival and dismissal, this is some information that could help you over the next few weeks:
- Parents dropping off their students will need to use the main Parkwood School Road entrance to the high school.
- Student drivers will need to use the Crow Road entrance to enter and exit from the high school. Cars will only be admitted through Crow Road which have 2022-2023 PWHS parking passes displayed from their rear view mirrors.
- Please make plans now for the route that you or your student will need to take to arrive to school.
- Please leave early. Traffic will increase as the time for the beginning of the school day approaches.
- Students will need to be in their classes by 8:30 to begin their day. We will begin in Homeroom on the first days of school.
- Safety is paramount. We will work with students who were not able to arrive on time due to the traffic entering the high school.
For parents whose students ride the bus, please download the new Edulog Parent Portal in the Google Play Store/App Store. Once the app is downloaded, click on student list, then add student. Fill in all student information and click done. Information is already available on the app. Please refer to the UCPS Transportation page for further details.
We’re looking forward to all of our students being back in school! Can’t wait to see everyone Monday, August 29, 2022!