It is indeed an exciting time as you prepare to send your child off to kindergarten! At Kensington, we begin the school year with a staggered enrollment. In the past this has proven to be very helpful for both students and parents as they gain familiarity with Kensington. The process also helps our kindergarten classes to be balanced. Below is a schedule for Kensington’s kindergarten staggered enrollment. If you have a conflict with your designated day, please call our office to reschedule.
- Monday, August 25th: Students with last names beginning with A thru E report to Kensington.
- Tuesday, August 26th: Students with last names beginning with F thru J report to Kensington.
- Wednesday, August 27th: Students with last names beginning with K thru Q report to Kensington.
- Thursday, August 28th: Students with last names beginning with R thru Z report to Kensington.
The school day will be from 7:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. On your child’s day to attend, please walk him/her to the media center anytime between 7:00- 7:30 a.m. Signs will be available to direct you to your destination! The kindergarten teachers will be waiting to welcome you and your little one to the Kensington family and to answer any questions you may have about the process. From this point, after an exchange of hugs from your BIG kindergartener, one of our teachers will escort him/her down to a kindergarten classroom. There will be approximately 30 students spending the day with us on each of the staggered enrollment days. All students will stay together for the day to participate in a variety of activities that will help us better know your child prior to classroom placement. All of Kensington’s teachers and teacher assistants will be working together to ensure that the day is smooth and enjoyable for all. Please send your child to school on his/her designated day with a backpack and a lunch. A mid-morning snack will be provided for your child. Please note the following:
- If preferred, a cafeteria lunch may be purchased. Please place $2.20 in a labeled sealed envelope and give to one of the teachers upon arrival.
- Classroom supplies and rest towels should NOT be brought on your child’s staggered enrollment day.
- BUS TRANSPORTATION: If you are planning to have your child ride the bus to or from school on the staggered enrollment day, please be sure that you have the bus assignment information with you when you bring your child. Since the first week of school is a very busy time, it is important that this information is gathered prior to your child’s assigned day. This planning helps everyone to ensure your child’s safe arrival home.
- Friday, August 29th: Kindergarten Open House from 3:00-5:00. Classroom supplies can be brought on this day!
- Tuesday, September 2nd: First Day of School: This will be your child’s first official day of kindergarten with his/her assigned teacher and classroom of friends.
We are very excited to meet our new friends!
The Kensington Kindergarten Team