Hello Parents, Students and Staff,
This is Tom Childers contacting you from Antioch Elementary. I hope your summer is off to a great start. During the 2017 - 2018 school year all UCPS schools will make Literacy a top priority. Our staff is making preparations for new and innovative ways to engage your child in reading. Please keep your child's reading skills sharp this summer by asking them to read at least 30 - 60 minutes each day. I will continue to share tips during the summer to assist you as we prepare for the new school year.
I want to tell you about a summer reading initiative called "80 Days of Reading". You may email me (email@example.com) with details about your child's summer reading and I will feature him or her on our website, twitter and facebook.Simply complete the following steps:
1. Encourage your child to read each day.
2. Have your child create a description of their summer reading. (Parents may certainly help younger students.) The text for twitter should be limited to 120 characters. Feel free to send a longer text for the website and facebook. Your child can describe what they are reading, where they are reading or whom they are reading with.
3. Please include a photo of your child reading. I encourage you to get creative. Here are a few ideas; at the pool, at the beach, on a plane, in a boat, in a tree house, etc.
4. Add the text "80 Days" to your email subject line.
5. Remember to include your child's name and grade.
All students who participate will be entered into a drawing for a special prize when school resumes.
Happy Reading! Have a great summer!