Good afternoon Piedmont families,
This is Principal Eley with this week’s announcements. This week our students will be taking the reading assessment through NC-Test. Please be sure to have your child check his/her email first thing on Monday morning. They will be receiving an important email from Mrs. Michelle Gray containing their Reading Assessment access code. Each student has a unique code. All students will take the assessment on their “at-home”, remote learning days. Students can check out their ELA teacher’s Canvas page for more details.
We want to make sure our families are aware of our free breakfast and lunch programs. One complimentary breakfast and lunch are available every day in the school cafeteria. Extra entrees and additional snacks and drinks are also available for purchase daily. One complimentary lunch and snack are available every day for all children 18 years and younger at any of the 8 curbside locations. Friday curbside service includes 3 complimentary lunches and 3 complimentary snacks to be enjoyed over the weekend. Complimentary meals are free of charge for the remainder of the school year.
I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend! As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRATION
Questions about high school registration should be directed to email@example.com
On January 7th all 8th grade parents should have received the following email:
UCPS Middle School Parents,
The transition to high school is an exciting and important time for families. Union County Public Schools offers many high school options for students to explore their interests, passions, and postsecondary aspirations.
Through various academies, pathways and courses, students have access to a number of rigorous programs that will prepare them for college and/or the workforce.
In the coming days, you will receive additional information from your middle school principal about parent meetings, the registration process, courses, electives, etc.
UCPS has developed a webpage (Links to an external site.) to guide families and inform them about virtual information sessions, key dates and links to important resources. Use the translation feature at the top of the website to translate the text into another language.
High School Program Options webpage:
- Bookmark this page and refer to it often as you explore high school program options. http://bit.ly/HSprogramoptions (Links to an external site.)
Career and Technical Education webpage:
- Explore career academies and pathways—Examples include: Aviation Academy, Culinary Arts Academy, Pharmacy Technician Academy, Public Safety/Law and Justice Academy, Interior Design Pathway, Robotics Engineering Pathway, Entrepreneurship Pathway and Apparel and Fashion Design Pathway.
- http://bit.ly/Expo_CTE (Links to an external site.)
- Jan. 4 - Feb. 15 - Application period for Central Academy of Technology and Arts (CATA) (Links to an external site.), the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe High (Links to an external site.), International Baccalaureate (IB) Program at Marvin Ridge High (Links to an external site.) and Union County Early College (Links to an external site.). Apply via Scribbles. (Links to an external site.)
- Jan. 21, 6 - 8 p.m. - Virtual parent information sessions for CATA, the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe High, IB Program at Marvin Ridge High and Union County Early College. Register via this link (Links to an external site.).
- Jan. 25 - 30, beginning at 4 p.m. - Virtual Career and Technical Education information sessions - View schedule and pathway options (Links to an external site.).
- Feb. 1 - 11, beginning at 6 p.m. - Virtual academic and elective information sessions - View schedule and webinar links (Links to an external site.).
- Feb. 15 - March 26 - High school course registration. Rising ninth-grade students will be registered after all current high school students have completed the registration process. High school counselors will provide further registration information to rising freshmen.
Point of contact: If you have questions, please contact the eighth-grade counselor at your school.
- High school webpages – ucps.k12.nc.us – click on schools
- Secondary Education - https://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/Page/3084 (Links to an external site.)
- Career and Technical Education/Career Readiness - https://ucpscte.org/ (Links to an external site.)
- College Readiness - https://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/Domain/2916 (Links to an external site.)
- Social Media - @UCPSNC @UCPSCollegePrep @UCPSCareerReady
It’s that’s time of year to join the PTO!
Click on the link to join PTO for this school year. You will receive emails about upcoming events and information about how you can help the school. Your $10 fee will help us to give back to the school, staff, and students this school year! Thank you for your continued support Piedmont Middle School Families!!!
Peachjar Digital Flyers
We have launched a new electronic flyer communication tool called Peachjar. To view school-approved digital flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on our website.
School Fundraiser - Amazon Smile
Please order through Amazon Smile.
We get a percentage of their purchases. Such an easy fundraiser!!
To use Amazon Smile they can click on this link:
go to smile.amazon.com and search Piedmont Middle School Parent Teacher Student Organization Inc, Monroe, NC
Please link your Harris Teeter VIC card to earn $ for Piedmont.