LOOKING FOR PARENT EXPERTS
Parents - We are looking to incorporate you (or your friends/loved ones) skills into our Western Union Family and learning. As we finish out this year, and start into next year, Western Union plans to integrate more Project-Based Learning into the classrooms. One great element is having outside experts come in and talk to the grades.
Click here for the survey. Please fill in the basic information, then click on any/all topics you could be of service too.
2019-2020 Kindergarten Information
We are very anxious to meet our new Kindergarten families!
Registration packets are available in the office. You can pick them up on school days between 8:30 am - 3:00 pm.
- Spanish Dual Language program
- UCPS Kindergarten Registration Information
- School Tours and information meeting about our school - click here. Our Principal, Mrs. Williford, will give the school tours.
Please mark your calendars for upcoming important dates:
- May 14 - Kindergarten Orientation at 5:00 pm
- August 26 - 29 - Kindergarten Staggered Entry - Your child will attend 1 day during this week
- August 29 - Meet Your Teacher - time to be announced
- September 3 - 1st Day of Kindergarten
If your child will not be at school, please click here to send an e mail to our Data Manager. Please include your child's name, teacher name, date of absence(s) and reason for absence. Our Data Manager will notify you when she receives your e-mail. If you send an e mail, you do not need to send a hand written note.
All afternoon transportation changes must be communicated in writing. You can choose one of the following written methods of communication:
- Send a note with your child the day of the transportation change (this is the most preferred method)
In case of emergency and you did not send a note, you can:
- Send a fax to 704 843 9019
- Send an e mail to Carrie Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bring us a written note before you get in the car rider line.
All changes must be received before 1:30 pm.
For your child’s safety, exceptions will NOT be made.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Williford or Ms. Anderson.
Thank you for your cooperation in getting all children home safely.
6:00 PM 5th Grade Kickball Game
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM 5th Grade Soccer club
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Good News Club
Since October 2018, Western Union’s Elementary Battle of the Books (EBOB) team has been working hard to prepare for this year’s county competition. On Monday, March 18th, they competed against 18 other elementary teams at the Union County Ag Center. Although they did not make it to the final round, they worked extremely hard and showed excellent teamwork through some very tough questions!
On February 27, Mrs. Deering's class had an exciting break in her morning meeting. A group from Homes for Heroes surprised the class with a special award for Mrs. Deering. Mrs. Deering was honored as the Hero of the Month by Waxhaw Homes for Heroes. She received a gift bag full of gift cards and items that were donated by local businesses.