Community and Mental Health Resources
24-hour Rape Crisis Hotline
Union County Department of Social Services
- Union County Department of Social Services provides help for families to support themselves and provide care and protection for children, the disabled, and the elderly as needed.
- Phone: 704-296-4300
Child Protective Services
- Services are provided to children and their families in response to instances of actual or suspected child abuse, neglect or dependency. Suspected cases of abuse, neglect or dependency can be made by calling (704) 296-4300 during regular business hours. After hours, weekends, and holidays, reports can be made by calling Union County Communications at (704) 289-1591.
Daymark Recovery Services
- Daymark Recovery Services offers programs pertaining to mental health, substance abuse, and developmental disabilities.
- Phone: 704-296-6200
- Turning Point provides victims of domestic violence and their dependent children with safe shelter while they learn how to break free from their abuser.
- Phone: 704-283-9150
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- No matter what problems you are dealing with, someone will be there to talk to you through it. Call 1-800-273-TALK ANYTIME, 24/7, to be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Phone: 1-800-273-TALK
- TimeOut Youth is dedicated to providing support, advocacy, and education to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth and their allies, ages 13-23, in Charlotte and the surrounding areas. They provide services to community members in a respectful and compassionate manner.
- Phone: 704-344-8335
Alexander Youth Network
- Alexander Youth Network is NC’s leading provider of children’s behavioral healthcare. They offer a comprehensive array of treatment options for children with serious emotional and behavioral difficulties.
- Phone: 704-366-8712
Kids Path Grief Services (a program of Hospice and Palliative Care)
- Kid’s Path meets the unique needs of children, teens, and families affected by the serious illness or death of a family member or someone close. Kid’s Path offers information, support, and a safe place to express feelings. Individual and group support is available, and the staff can make referrals for supportive resources.
- Phone: 704-375-0100
- The McLeod Center provides care for persons who are seeking education, intervention, treatment, or support related to their drug and alcohol addictions.
- Phone: 1-855-824-9458
- The Relatives is a shelter that provides safety for youth who have run away, are homeless, or experiencing an immediate crisis in Mecklenburg and the surrounding counties.
Eckerd Wilderness Camp
- Eckerd Wilderness Camp is a year-round therapeutic wilderness camp for children struggling with social, family, or school environments.
Timber Ridge Treatment Center
- The Timber Ridge Treatment Center is a residential male youth camp providing family, individual and group counseling, as well as substance abuse treatment.
- Phone: 704-279-1199