Graduation Information 2019-2020
Your child’s homeroom teacher is the primary source for information about senior activities and graduation. If you have further questions or concerns, please have your child ask his/her homeroom teacher.
- Cabarrus Arena and Events Center
- Tickets are required, but seating is general admission.
- Thursday, June 11, 2020, at 9:00 AM
GRADUATION PRACTICE (This is mandatory!)
- Tickets for the graduation ceremony will be distributed at the END of practice.
- If you are not present at practice, you will not participate in graduation and YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR TICKETS.
- Each senior will receive four (4) free tickets to the ceremony. In addition, each senior may purchase additional tickets at a cost of $10.00 each.
- All tickets are general admission (no reserved seating).
- Everyone attending graduation (except the senior) MUST have a ticket. This includes babies and small children.
- Seniors may purchase their tickets with cash or check (made payable to Sun Valley High School).
- Students must have a ticket order form for every purchase. Click here to download the 2020 ticket order form.
- The deadline for ticket orders is TBA.
- The money raised through ticket sales will cover the costs incurred by graduation (rental of the arena, programs, security, etc.). Any money over and above those costs will go towards the senior class gift.
- In order to protect your tickets from being lost or stolen, tickets will not be distributed until the end of graduation practice, which is mandatory. Senior homeroom teachers will have careful records of who has purchased tickets, but your senior should be sure to keep his or her receipt as additional security.
- Tickets are nonrefundable. If a student does not graduate or does not participate in practice, he/she will NOT receive tickets and will not receive a refund.
CAPS AND GOWNS
- The only required items are a cap, gown, and 2020 tassel.
- Cap and gown orders will be taken on October 16, 2019, during all lunches. Delivery will be March 23, 2020.
- Our Jostens representative is Russ Honrine. If you have any problems or questions regarding your order, call him directly at 1-800-582-6376, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Jostens.
- Caps and gowns will be delivered TBA during all lunches. You must have your balance paid in full by this time to receive your order.
- Senior Cap and Gown Pictures: TBA
Please go to www.seniors.legacystudios.com to sign up for your senior cap & gown portrait. This year there will be a $5 sitting fee for cap and gown pictures. Two photographers will be in attendance, so make your appointment today!
- The Senior Group Picture will be taken TBA. Seniors who do not have their cap and gown by this time will not be allowed to be in the group picture! (We do not have caps and gowns that you can borrow.)
- Any other questions about senior pictures should be directed to Mrs. Jennifer Goodson.
DIRECTIONS TO CABARRUS ARENA AND EVENTS CENTER
- To ensure a dignified ceremony, seniors are required to abide by a dress code at graduation. Seniors who are not properly dressed will not be able to participate in the graduation exercises.
- Students who choose to wear a dress must choose a dress that is no longer than the hem of the graduation robe and black dress shoes. (No sneakers, flip-flops, etc.)
- Students who choose to wear pants should wear black dress pants, a white dress shirt with a dark tie (or a white blouse), and black dress shoes. (No sneakers, flip-flops, etc.)
4751 NC Highway 49, Concord, NC 28025
- From Sun Valley, travel to Interstate 485
- Take Interstate 485 East toward Greensboro.
- Take Exit 33, which is the Highway 49/University City Blvd exit onto 49 NORTH (away from Charlotte).
- Go 13.3 miles ahead and the center will be on the left.