HEMBY BRIDGE COMMON QUESTIONS
- How many students are at Hemby Bridge?
- Hemby Bridge has approximately 480 students in grades Kindergarten - 5th Grade, with 24 classrooms.
- What are the office hours?
- The school office is open from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm daily.
- What are the school's mascot and colors?
- Our mascot is the Bulldog, and our colors are purple and teal.
- What is WHBS?
- WHBS (W-Hemby Bridge School) is our morning broadcast program which is produced by a team of 5th graders who are the anchorpersons and camera crew, with the assistance of our Media Specialist.
- WHBS makes all of the school's daily announcements, reads the lunch menu, and leads us in the Pledge of Allegiance (with help from other HB students!). Look out for the "Who Let the Dogs Out" Fridays on our broadcast!
- What are the bell times?
- 7:00 am - Students begin entering the building and report to the cafeteria (K-2nd grade students) or hallway (3rd-5th grade students).
- 7:10 am- Students may report to their classrooms.
- 7:30 am - Tardy bell rings at 7:30 a.m. and all students should be in the building at that time.
- 7:30 am - Moment of Silence concludes
- 2:00 pm - Students are dismissed. We discourage early dismissal after 1:45 p.m. in effort to limit confusion with transportation and dismissal routines. Transportation changes must be submitted in writing to the classroom teacher.
- What middle and high schools do Hemby Bridge students attend?
- Porter Ridge Middle School
- Proter Ridge High School
What special recognition has Hemby Bridge received?
- 2016-2017: Met Growth
- 2016-2017: UCPS Global Partners School
- 2015-2016: Met Growth
- 2015-2016: UCPS Global Partners School
- 2014-2015: UCPS International School
- 2009-2010: High Growth Honor School of Excellence
- 2009-2010: Global Partners School
- 2008-2009: Honor School of Excellence (Highest level)
- 2007-2008: School of Distinction
- 2006-2007: School of Distinction
- 2005-2006: School of Distinction
- 2004-2005: Honor School of Excellence
- 2003-2004: Honor School of Excellence
- 2002-2003: School of Excellence