How to Enroll your Child

  • Union County Public Schools is now offering online enrollment and kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year.  Union County parents who wish to enroll their student in Union County Public Schools or kindergarten may visit Scribbles and complete the online registration process.

    Law Concerning School Attendance

    Children need to be five years old by August 31 in order to begin kindergarten in that school year. The state mandates that children between the ages of seven and 16 attend public or private school.

    Parents will be required to contact the school in the attendance district where the parents reside or contact the Office of School Assignment at 704-296-1005 to secure the school assignment. School assignments may also be found using the Edulog School Assignment Finder. To enroll the child(ren), parents should have the following documents: 

    1. Birth Certificate
    2. Immunization Records
    3. Health Assessment-Any student new to NC Public Schools is required to submit a Health Assessment
    4. Name, Telephone Number and Address of previous school attended
    5. Report Card or Grade Placement Information
    6. Two proofs of residence
      (Acceptable documents to prove residence:)
      1. Notarized rental/purchase agreement
      2. Utility bills (electric, telephone, gas, etc.)
      3. Drivers license and automobile registration
      4. Car insurance and property insurance policies
      5. Income tax W-2 form and property tax bill