So many great opportunities for our Wildcats to have access to books this summer.
Here is why kids need to be read to! CLICK HERE ~~> 1 million word gap
- Little Free Libraries-located at Town Hall and Wingate Park. Take a book, enjoy it with your family, and return it to get another book.
- Union County Public Library-Pop Up Library Day July 15 at Wingate Park.
- UCPS Book Bus-Scheduled for Wingate Elem. August 5th and 6th.
- ~~> click here ~~> Book Bus Schedule
Volunteer Coaches Needed for Girls on the Run
at Wingate Elementary
Not a runner? Good! We need you!
Are you a runner? Good! We need you, too.
Coach applications are now open for the Girls on the Run Fall 2019 Season and we need coaches from all walks of life who are passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of 3rd-8th-grade girls. If that is you or someone you know, look no further -- Girls on the Run of Union County needs you. We provide everything: training, materials and an easy to follow curriculum. We could even make it work if two or more volunteers could just commit to one day a week.
Teams practice twice a week right after school and the season starts the week of September 23rd and ends with the GingerSnap 5K on December 7th.
Coaches can pick the two days of practice during the week.
Other perks for coaches are:
-GOTR "Coach" T-shirt
-Coaches daughters are guaranteed a spot and for Return Coaches- have discounted program registration
-Free 5K registration and 5K T-shirt
- A $15/girl stipend to use each season for the end of season party, little gifts for the girls, etc.
Energy Kits: 2 Good 2B True
LED bulbs use up to 90% less energy than incandescent lightbulbs and last at least 15 times longer. The 9-watt LED bulbs provided in the kit have a lifespan of 25,000 hours.
- Energy-efficient showerheads are a terrific tool to conserve water in your home. A standard showerhead uses about 3.8 gallons of water per minute. The kit's water-saving showerhead uses 1.5 gallons per minute, without sacrificing any water pressure.
- Faucet aerators make a huge difference toward conserving water in your home. Most modern faucets pour out about 2.2 gallons per minute (GPM), and older faucets use even more. The kit's aerators help your faucets use less water – the kitchen aerator uses 1.5 GPM, and the bathroom aerator, only 1 GPM.
Your families and staff can request their FREE Energy Kit and credit your school by going online to MyEnergyKit.org or by calling our hotline at 1-855-386-9548.
Please send in all transportation changes written in your child's agenda.
We occasionally have email issues and don't receive your requests.
Please drop your child off the in AM Car Rider line from 7:00-7:30 AM.
After 7:30, park out front and walk your child in to sign them in as tardy.
No car drop-offs in front of the school before 7:30.