Kindergarten Registration is now available!
Welcome to Union County Public Schools!
The first day of school is Monday, Aug. 23. Union County parents who wish to enroll their student in kindergarten may click the link above to visit Scribbles and complete the online registration process.
Please see the list below for documents needed to complete the online registration. For additional questions, please contact the school that your child will attend.
Update: Effective Aug. 1, masks are optional for students and staff.
UCPS elementary schools have many competitive academic offerings, ranging from dual language immersion programs to STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) initiatives.
Our highly qualified teachers will empower your child to think critically while also nurturing their creativity in a safe learning environment. And our schools provide educational experiences that will prepare your student to be a leader as well as a responsible, caring and service-oriented citizen.
Kindergarten is an important milestone for your child and family, and UCPS is here to help guide you through the registration process.
Please note that you will need the following information to register your student for kindergarten:
- Your child’s birth certificate to verify he or she will be five years old on or before Aug. 31. Birth certificates can be obtained from county officials in the county where your student was born.
- A certified copy of your child’s immunization record that includes a doctor’s signature or a clinic’s stamp as proof the vaccines were given. Please view the Kindergarten Registration booklet below for a complete list of immunizations required by law before your student’s first day of school.
- Two documents that provide proof of residence. Please view the Kindergarten Registration booklet below for a complete list of approved documents.
- Before the first day of school, you will also need to provide your school with a completed Kindergarten Health Assessment Report. The form must be signed by a doctor and include all of the information requested on the form.
- Please contact your child's school in advance to see if there are any additional forms that need to be completed prior to registering your child.
If you have additional questions about the registration process, forms or curriculum, please call or email the school your child will attend. To identify which school your child will attend, please use the Edulog School Assignment Finder.
- 2021-2022 calendars
- Kindergarten Registration Booklet PDF English (2021-2022)
- Kindergarten Registration Booklet PDF Spanish (2021-2022)
- Dual Language Immersion
- StrongSchoolsNC Public Health Toolkit K-12