Peachjar Digital Flyers
We have launched a new electronic flyer communication tool called Peachjar. To view school-approved digital flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on our website.
Union County Public Schools is pleased to introduce Read with U, our new community-based reading initiative that pairs elementary students with community members like you.
Sign up to be a reading buddy this school year and spend 30 minutes per week reading with a first-grade student. If your business or organization would like to help students with reading, stay tuned for information about TutorMate, which will be introduced this fall at Title I elementary schools.
Read with U is easy as 1-2-3
- Visit the Union County Public Schools website and click on Read with U to complete a volunteer application.
- Once your application is approved, contact the volunteer coordinator at your local elementary school to get started.
- Read with your student for at least 30 minutes once per week during the school year.
Ready to sign up to be a reading buddy? Click here to start your volunteer application.
For more information, visit our website or contact your school’s volunteer coordinator.
According to Carolina School Hub, Marvin Ridge Middle School is ranked #5 out of 133 middle schools in the Charlotte metro region and #11 out of 700 middle schools in the state. There are just two traditional/non-charter/non-magnet schools in the Charlotte metro area which rank above us, and only three traditional/non-charter/non-magnet schools in the state which rank above us. WOW! Everyone on this team is to be commended for that stellar news. Here’s a link with the full rankings:http://www.carolinaschoolhub.com/best-middle-schools-charlotte-nc.cfm.
The Duke TIP Program is currently open to interested families for the following programs:
- 4th-6th Grade Talent Search
- 7th Grade Talent Search
- Academic Adventures Program (grades 5-6)
- PSAT 8/9 Test Registration (for current 4th, 5th, and 6th graders enrolled in the 4th-6th grade Talent Search)
- Scholar Weekend (grades 8-11)
In order for students to qualify he/she must have either a 95% or above on the EOG's OR a 125 or above on the Inview/IQ test. These scores cannot be more than 2 years old. Please see the link provided for additional information. For more information on qualifying criteria and the enrollment process please visit this link www.tip.duke.edu
Any additional questions can be answered by calling their information line at 919-668-9100.