About Marshville Elementary School
Marshville Elementary (MVES) is a Pre-K-5 elementary school in eastern Union County with an enrollment of approximately 455 students. The school boasts small class sizes that are below both the state and district averages.
Our vision at Marshville Elementary is to create a positive learning environment where our students are respectful to others and responsible and safe learners. We do this through PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Support), a proactive approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social cultures that are needed for students to be successful in school. During the 2016-17 school year, Marshville Elementary School met all necessary requirements and was awarded Green Ribbon Status. Throughout the 2017-18 school year, we have continued to implement PBIS with fidelity to achieve Model School Status.
- Small group guided reading instruction at the child’s reading level each and every day.
- After school enrichment and tutoring classes.
- All students K-5 receive STEM instruction by a certified STEM teacher (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Academic intervention support in math and reading
- 4 social emotional support personnel
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch program for all students