School ID: 302
Student Population: 865
- "A" school for Overall Performance 2016 - 2021
- Percent of Highly Qualified Teachers - 100%
- Advanced degrees -28 % of teachers have advanced degrees
- Teaching Experience -51% of teachers have 10+ years experience.
- Common Core State Standards (English Language Arts and Math)
- N.C. Essential Standards (Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, P.E., Healthful Living and Information Technology
- Specials: Computers, Music, P.E., Art, Media, Brain House, STEM, and Guidance (includes Character Education classes)
- Academically and Intellectually Gifted Program (AIG): Math and Reading programs for qualifying 4th and 5th graders; testing for AIG occurs in 3rd grade.
- Exceptional Children Program (EC) -Provides Resource, Self-Contained, Speech and Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy for qualifying children.
- School hours 7:30 am-2:00 pm (Earliest drop off time is 7:00am)
- Traditional School Calendar: August 23, 2021 - June 3, 2022
- Bus transportation available to all students.
After School Program
- NC rated 5-star program
- Serves students in K-5
- Hours 2pm-6pm
- Teacher Workday and Summer Camp programs offered
- For more information, contact the After-School Program Director at 704-841-2621
- Opened 2004; Wing added 2006
- 40 Classrooms; 6 Mobile Classrooms
- Media Center with over 15,000 books, e-books, videos and other resources.
- Two Playgrounds with equipment
- Soccer Field and Running Track
- All Classrooms connected to the Internet
- 1:1 Chromebooks for all students grades 3-5
- 1:1 iPads/Chromebook for all K-2 students
- Interactive Projectors and Boards in every classroom -These boards use interactive learning technology that enables teachers to create, customize and integrate text, images, quizzes and tests, web, video and audio content, so they can more easily capture students' attention and accommodate different learning styles.
- Document Cameras- connect with laptops and interactive boards to demonstrate manipulatives, books, etc.