School ID: 302Student Population: 769
- "A" school for Overall Performance in 2017 - 2018 & Met Expected Growth
- Named an "A+" school for Overall Performance in 2016-17, 2015 - 2016 & 2014-2015
- Exceeded Growth in 2016- 2017
- 2011-2012 High Growth Honor School of Excellence 2011-2012, 2010-2011 & 2009-2010
- School of Excellence* 2004, 2010
- School of Distinction* 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- High Growth School* 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
* NC Department of Public Instruction did not award designations based on performance for the 2012-2013 school year.
***Named a UCPS International School in 2011, 2012, and 2013 for integrating Global Learning into the curriculum.
Ready Assessment (End of Grade/EOG) Test Scores
- North Carolina School Report Card Data can be found at http://tinyurl.com/qfrpn4u
- Percent of Highly Qualified Teachers - 100%
- Advanced degrees -28 % of teachers have advanced degrees
- Teaching Experience -51% of teachers have 10+ years experience.
- Common Core State Standards (English Language Arts and Math)
- N.C. Essential Standards (Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, P.E., Healthful Living and Information Technology
- Reading/Writing: Lucy Calkins' Readers and Writers Workshop Model
- Specials: Computers, Music, P.E., Art, Media, and Guidance (includes Character Education classes)
- Academically and Intellectually Gifted Program (AIG): Math and Reading programs for qualifying 4th and 5th graders; testing for AIG occurs in 3rd grade. Teachers may suggest testing or parents may request child be tested.
- Exceptional Children Program (EC) -Provides Resource, Self-Contained, Speech and Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy for qualifying children.
- School hours 7:30 am-2:00 pm (Earliest drop off time is 7:00am)
- Traditional School Calendar: August 28, 2018 - June 8, 2019
- Bus transportation available to all students; full time or occasional rider option.
After School Program
- NC rated 5-star program
- Serves students in K-5
- Hours 2pm-6pm
- Teacher Workday and Summer Camp programs offered
- For more information, contact the After-School Program Director at 704-841-2621
- Opened 2004; Wing added 2006
- 40 Classrooms; 6 Mobile Classrooms
- Media Center with over 15,000 books, e-books, videos and other resources.
- Two Playgrounds with equipment and shaded areas
- Soccer Field and Running Track
- All Classrooms connected to the Internet
- 1:1 Chromebooks for all students grades 2-5
- 8 iPads per class for all K-1 students
- Interactive Projectors and Boards in every classroom -These boards use interactive learning technology that enables teachers to create, customize and integrate text, images, quizzes and tests, web, video and audio content, so they can more easily capture students' attention and accommodate different learning styles.
- Document Cameras- connect with laptops and interactive boards to demonstrate manipulatives, books, etc.
Extra Curricular Programs
- Musical Performance: Chorus, Orff Ensemble, and Drama offered to selected students in grades 3-5. Contact Mr. Michael, Music Teacher, for more information.
- After- School Clubs: Clubs offered have included Golf Club, Girls on the Run, Antioch Ambassadors, Boys Book Club, Elementary Battle of the Books (EBoB), Young Writer's Club, Scouts, Art Club, Mindful Movement, and Einsteinz Lab. See website or call office for current offerings.
- Broadcast Team and Morning Crew: Open to interested 5th grade students who are selected for the team in September. Contact Mrs. Kovach, Media Specialist, for more information.