Library Lessons: "Know Your Library"
These lessons teach you how to find books in our Media Center
- Elementary Library Lesson #1 - Books in our Library
- Elementary Library Lesson #2 - Picture Book Organization
- Elementary Library Lesson #3 - Fiction Book Organization
- Elementary Library Lesson #4 - Nonfiction Book Organization
- Elementary Library Lesson #5 - Finding Fiction Books
- Elementary Library Lesson #6 - Finding Nonfiction Books
Great Sources for a Good Read:
- Caldecott Award Medal & Honor Books
- Newbery Award Medal & Honor Books
- Coretta Scott King Award & Honor Books
- Childrens' Historical Fiction
- Nonfiction Award Books Orbis Pictus
- Fantasy Fiction Books
- Realistic Fiction
- Geisel Book Award
- Sibert Informational Book Award
Checkout these awesome websites:
Don't forget about www.ncwiseowl.org which provides free online resources for public schools in North Carolina. It is funded by the NC Department of Public Instruction. Use this resource to access Britannica Online, Amazing Animals, People and Places and much, much more!
Login to www.teachingbooks.net to find a multimedia collection of resources about K-12 books, authors and illustrators that help encourage students to read and enjoy reading.
"Supports the world's children in becoming effective members of the global community..." You may search by country. There is a "Book of the Day" feature.
Zoo WebsitesHere are some other websites you might enjoy:
- http://www.ala.org/greatsites--American Library Association sponsors great websites for kids
- http://janbrett.com/--Visit children's author, Jan Brett.
- http://www.awesomestories.com/--Awesome Stories
- http://www.nea.org/readacross/index.html--Read Across America/Dr. Suess Birthday site
- http://www.eric-carle.com/home.html--Eric Carle's website