Scheduling the Media Center and/or Equipment
For Individual Students
- Teachers may send up to three (3) students at a time with individual passes. Additional students may be sent when the initial group returns.
- If teachers would like to send a student to take a test, please call in advance.
Scheduling for Classes, Meetings, and/or Equipment
- An online calendar keeps a record of the reservations for media center.
- Teachers may schedule classes by emailing Mrs. Mabry (Media Coordinator).
- Substitutes are not permitted to bring classes to the Media Center. Teachers should plan accordingly when making substitute lesson plans.
- Laminating is available at no cost for classroom materials. The media center staff performs all laminations. There is a form that is to be completed by the teacher in advance to request laminations.
- A poster maker is available at no cost for classroom materials. There is a notebook of templates and a form that is to be completed by the teacher in advance to request posters. If you have a digital file, email it to Mrs. Mabry or Ms. Little. There is a limit of 5 posters per teacher per semester. Please see Mrs. Mabry if you need additional posters for a special event.
- AV Equipment available for check-out: televisions, DVD and VHS players, CD players, data projectors, wireless presenters, document cameras, digital cameras, digital camcorders, external DVD drives, etc.
- Teachers must accompany their classes to and from the media center and must remain with them throughout the scheduled period. The teacher is responsible for maintaining orderly behavior of students while in the media center.
- All print, non-print materials, and equipment must be checked out before being removed for the media center premises. Please plan ahead and request materials and equipment in advance of the date needed.
- If you are assigning a paper or project to be printed during your scheduled time in the media center, please inform students of the charges in advance.
- Photocopies - $.10 per sheet
- Black and White printouts - $.10 per sheet
- Color printouts - $.25 per sheet
Instruction and Collaboration
- Book talks, technology training, database/electronic resource tutorials, classroom instruction, and research assistance are all available upon request. Please see Mrs. Mabry (Media Coordinator) to schedule these services.
- The Media Center staff certainly welcomes any collection development suggestions and collaborative planning, and they look forward to assisting you by supporting your curriculum and enhancing learning in any way possible.
- Suggest eBook Resources