What is our Parent Teacher Organization?
We are a nonprofit liaison to Unionville Elementary governed by dedicated volunteers.
Our PTO Mission
The mission of the Unionville Elementary PTO Inc. is to align resources to enrich the learning environment while empowering parents, teachers and students to reach our goals of academic and life skill success. Our desire as a PTO is to exemplify integrity, teamwork and community while fostering productive, healthy partnerships with school teachers and administration staff. We do this by providing financial support to our school, implementing and managing meaningful programs and using an enthusiastic group of volunteers. UVES PTO strives to enhance and promote a positive learning environment for the students of Unionville through
AWARENESS, ACTION and ADVOCACY.
Membership Drive for becoming a member begins at Open House at the beginning of school!
We take nominations in February & March for the next school year for Executive Board Officers.
Please let us know if you are interested in a position or need additional information.
Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Our PTO Desire
To help you get involved –Whether you have 20 minutes a day or 20 hours a week, please visit the volunteer information section found in quick links on the UVES homepage.
PTO Executive Board 2019-2020
- President: Delia Carriker
- Secretary: Melody Braswell
- Treasurer: Michelle Goodman
- Assistant Treasurer: Madison McCain
- Volunteer Coordinators: Tracy Medlin, Jennifer Loudermilk and Treena Norwood
- Promotions Coordinator: Jennifer Engel, Stephanie Burris and Meredith Privette
- Staff Appreciation Committee: Rebecca Kiker, Monte Boswell, Tara Shumard and Jennifer Barbee
Our committees listed above are committed to meeting and planning as needed for the services and events listed below:
- Membership Drive/Volunteer Recruitment
- SpiritWear Management - UVES Apparel
- Volunteer Coordination for Volunteers
- PTO Family Fun Night
- Collection of General Mills Box Tops, Campbell’s Labels, and linking Harris Teeter, Food Lion and Bi-Lo grocery store cards to Unionville code for profits throughout the year.
- Providing staff appreciation events throughout the year, monthly treats and the planning of three Staff Appreciation Luncheons annually.
The outstanding parent and community volunteerism at Unionville makes a tremendous difference in the success of the school and our students. As described above, there are numerous ways for you to be involved, ranging from daily and monthly activities to special events and at-home projects.
In order to ensure the safety of the children, UCPS has implemented a Volunteer Screening Policy. The level of screening for volunteers will be reflective of the degree of supervised versus unsupervised involvement with a child. Parents must be approved volunteers to attend field trips and class parties. All volunteers who will have contact with students must have a criminal background check. These volunteer application are done on-line. It takes a number of weeks to get approval, due to the volume of applications. All who wish to chaperone field trips must be approved UCPS volunteers. Those who were approved to volunteer last year and did volunteer at least once per semester do not need to reapply. If there is a lapse in service of one semester or more, the volunteer must reapply. As always, volunteers are one of our most valuable resources!