2023 Graduation Information
While additional graduation information is forthcoming, this will be helpful to you as you prepare for June 13, 2023, at 8:00 am.
Graduation Tickets: Each graduate is provided ten (10) graduation tickets and three (3) parking passes. (The ceremony will also be live-streamed.) Tickets and parking passes can be picked up by graduates after graduation practice which will be held Monday, 6/12/2023, at 10:00 am in the new gym.
In order to pick up their graduation packets, each graduate will need to participate in graduation practice as well as the following:
- Complete and turn in the graduation checklist (which includes the UCPS graduation survey).
- All school-issued items (ex. laptop, adapter, calculator, library books, textbooks, athletic uniforms, etc.) must be returned AND all fees must be paid in order to collect the graduation tickets and participate in graduation.
- Fees must be paid. Please see Sandra Polzin to pay any outstanding fees.
- Every single person must present a ticket to enter the stadium. This includes all children, regardless of age. Babies will need a ticket. The graduate will NOT need a ticket.
- Seating is general admission. We will be using the home and visitor bleachers for seating.
- Parking will be limited to three (3) spaces per graduate. Parking will be available at the high school and at the middle school. Each location will require a parking ticket.
- Cap and gown. Caps must be plain (not decorated). Girls do not use the white collar that came with their cap and gown.
- Girls will be expected to wear dresses. Please keep in mind, for shoes, that they will be walking on grass early in the morning. It will probably still be wet.
- Boys will be expected to wear white collared button-down shirts and long slacks with closed-toe shoes.
Handicapped accessibility – The senior lot closest to the stadium will be used for handicapped parking. For guests in wheelchairs, there will be designated seating for the person in the wheelchair plus one guest. All others will need to be seated in the general seating area.
Two important dates:
- Graduation practice: Monday, June 12, 2023, at 10:00 am in the new gym.
- Graduation: Tuesday, June 13, 2023, at 8:00 am in Wolf Pack Stadium.
General School AnnouncementsSustainable Energy Academy: We are excited to announce that Parkwood High School is offering a Sustainable Energy Academy. Our school has partnered with NC GreenPower to support this academy.We need your help! New for 2023, the program awardees will receive a grant to pay for all of the project’s construction costs, expected to be approximately $55,000-$75,000. Schools should raise $3,500 to cover any future operations and maintenance expenses.Take a moment to check it out on https://buff.ly/3ovjNMZ and also share it with your friends!CTE Summer Camps: UCPS Career and Technical Education (CTE) Summer Camp registration is now open! These camps are designed for currently-enrolled middle and high school students. High school camps are for students who have completed at least one class in a pathway to accelerate learning (camp descriptions will state if prerequisites are needed). Learn more and register!
PTSO Packages/Spirit Wear
Class of 2023 Senior PTSO packages are now available. Use this link to place your order.
Subscribe to UCPS Snapshots: UCPS Snapshots is a monthly e-newsletter that provides community members with timely information about district programs as well as the great work that staff and students are doing in our 53 schools.