Plan B Update - 2 Face to Face Days
On September 22, 2020, the UCPS BOE confirmed its decision to have students attend school face to face two days a week. For Parkwood High School beginning Tuesday, September 29:
- If your child is currently attending school on a Monday or a Tuesday, they can now attend on both Monday and Tuesday.
- If your child is currently attending school on a Wednesday or a Thursday, they can now attend on both Wednesday and Thursday.
- Friday will remain a remote learning for all students.
We will continue to maintain all Covid-19 safety precautions put in place at the beginning of this school year.
- Plan B requires that schools limit the number of students within a classroom to the extent necessary to ensure that 6 feet distance is maintained.
- We will continue daily symptom and temperature screenings/checks for all students and any person who enters a school building.
- Social distancing protocols will be required for anyone who enters school buildings.
- All students (K-12) must wear face coverings in school and on school buses. All staff and adult visitors must wear face coverings in school buildings and offices.
- UCPS will continue to provide face coverings for students, teachers, and staff.
If you have questions, please contact the school at 704 296-0154.
Panorama Survey 2020
Union County Public Schools values the feedback of our students, parents and staff. In an effort to continue high quality, rigorous learning experiences and social-emotional support for students, the school district has partnered with Panorama Education to administer a survey to 3rd – 12th graders. The survey window is Sept. 28 – Oct. 8 and will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. The link will be sent via Canvas and students will need their Student ID for access. Panorama safeguards student privacy and all responses will be kept confidential.
Click HERE to review survey questions.
Did you know the cafeteria is selling more than just a traditional lunch?
In addition to the daily menu (which you can find on the UCPS website), the cafeteria is offering a wide selection of Frito Lay snacks, Coca Cola bottled beverages, juice and Switch drinks, and a variety of cookies and student favorites, which are subject to change on occasion. There will be at least four of the following offered daily:
Premium chicken sandwich and spicy premium chicken sandwich, premium chicken tenders and nuggets, buffalo wings, Southwest chicken and spicy beef tornados, fiesta pizza, calzones and large orders of fries.
Peachjar Digital Flyers
We have launched a new electronic flyer communication tool called Peachjar. To view school-approved digital flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on our website.
Any student interested in Joining FFA please email Ms. Hill at Kelsey.email@example.com or follow us on Instagram @Parkwood_ffa to get the link to sign up! Dues are $20 and can be payed online!
If you are interested in swimming this year for Parkwood High School please email Coach Rhoads for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Battle of the Books
If you are interested in participating in Battle of the Books this year please complete this form.
Subscribe to UCPS Snapshots Today
UCPS Snapshots is a monthly e-newsletter that provides community members with timely information about district programs as well as the great work that staff and students are doing in our 53 schools.
Subscribe today by clicking here or texting UCPSNEWS to 22828.