Summer Office Hours
From June 10-August 8, our office will be open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 4 pm. We are closed on Fridays.
Subscribe to UCPS Snapshots
UCPS Snapshots is a monthly e-newsletter that provides community members with timely information about district programs as well as the great work that staff and students are doing in our 53 schools.
Subscribe today by clicking here or texting UCPSNEWS to 22828.
2019-2020 New Family Information
We are very anxious to meet our new families! It is important to register new students now.
Registration packets are available in the WUES office. You can pick them up Monday - Thursday from 8 am - 4 pm.
- WUES Registration Information and Forms
- Spanish Dual Language program
- UCPS Kindergarten Registration Information
Please mark your calendars for upcoming important dates:
- August 22 - 1st - 5th Grade Open House and Meet Your Teacher - time to be announced
- August 26 - 1st - 5th Grade First Day of School
- August 26 - 29 - Kindergarten Staggered Entry 8 am - 1 pm - Kindergarten students will attend 1 day during this week. Info will be mailed by August 10.
- August 29 - Kindergarten Open House and Meet Your Teacher - time to be announced
- September 3 - 1st Day of Kindergarten
Since October 2018, Western Union’s Elementary Battle of the Books (EBOB) team has been working hard to prepare for this year’s county competition. On Monday, March 18th, they competed against 18 other elementary teams at the Union County Ag Center. Although they did not make it to the final round, they worked extremely hard and showed excellent teamwork through some very tough questions!
On February 27, Mrs. Deering's class had an exciting break in her morning meeting. A group from Homes for Heroes surprised the class with a special award for Mrs. Deering. Mrs. Deering was honored as the Hero of the Month by Waxhaw Homes for Heroes. She received a gift bag full of gift cards and items that were donated by local businesses.