On Nov. 7, the NC Department of Public Instruction named Western Union Elementary a North Carolina Prepared Global-Ready School, a nod to the school’s dedication and commitment to providing a premiere global education for all of its students.
On Oct. 10 -- in front of cheering community members, community partners and students -- Western Union Elementary officially unveiled its new outdoor classroom. Funded in part by the Union County Education Foundation’s inaugural GROW grant, the expansive outdoor classroom included a butterfly garden, tree stump seating, garden beds, sound garden, sensory path and more.
Western Union Elementary is thrilled to announce a new fundraising opportunity with Lifetouch and Shutterfly, who have joined forces to capture, preserve and share your memorable moments.
With their help, we’ve created a custom online storefront where you can shop the extensive Shutterfly collection of photo books, gifts, premium stationery, keepsakes, home décor and so much more—and for every purchase made, Shutterfly will donate 8% to our organization.
It’s easy to support WUES:
- Visit our Shutterfly Storefront -- wues.ShutterflyStorefront.com
- Click through to start your holiday shopping!
- Purchase thoughtful gifts and keepsakes for friends, family and yourself.
- That’s it! For every purchase made, 8% of the proceeds will go toward helping our organization.
It’s that easy. Plus, you can even use applicable Shutterfly discount codes to save on your entire order.
Please feel free to share this great news with your friends, family and co-workers—the more orders we receive through our Storefront, the more our school earns!
Peachjar Digital Flyers
We have launched a new electronic flyer communication tool called Peachjar. To view school-approved digital flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on our website.
2019-2020 YEARBOOK ORDERING INFORMATION
Capture the memories of the 2019-20 school year with this year’s edition of WUES yearbook. Order your yearbook now to guarantee your copy.
To order your 2019-20 yearbook, you MUST order online –
Orders will NOT be taken at school.
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to ybpay.lifetouch.com
- Use WUES Yearbook ID Code: 11827520
- Choose your package
- Pay for your yearbook
- Print your e mail receipt – it is important that you print or save this e mail. This will be your only proof of payment.
There will be NO extra yearbooks ordered. Please be sure to order now.
The last day to order is February 1, 2020.
If your child will not be at school, please click here to send an e mail to our Data Manager. Please include your child's name, teacher name, date of absence(s) and reason for absence. Our Data Manager will notify you when she receives your e-mail. If you send an e mail, you do not need to send a hand written note.
All afternoon transportation changes must be communicated in writing. You can choose one of the following written methods of communication:
- Send a note with your child the day of the transportation change (this is the most preferred method)
In case of emergency and you did not send a note, you can:
- Send a fax to 704 843 9019
- Send an e mail to Carrie Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bring us a written note before you get in the car rider line.
All changes must be received before 1:30 pm.
For your child’s safety, exceptions will NOT be made.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Williford or Mrs. Thompson.
Thank you for your cooperation in getting all children home safely.
2:00 PM - 3:15 PM Battle of the Books
February 1, 2020