Daily announcements are available using several communication channels:
- Announcements are posted here on this page.
- Announcements are read over the PA in the office.
- Announcements are posted daily to the CATA website homepage.
- Some announcements will be posted to the CATA Facebook and Twitter pages.
- All announcements need to be approved by the administration before they are posted.
- Remember that if you borrowed a calculator or a computer for the Work Keys exam Tuesday that you need to return those items to the Den today.
- PSAT Scores
If you took the PSAT at school on October 13th, your scores are now available on your college board account. If you have any issues accessing your scores, please let Mrs. Morse know by email.
Our fall blood drive will be Thursday, December 2 from 9-1:30. There are still 6 spots open for blood donations at the blood drive this Thursday, December 2nd. Help save a life, and get a $10 Amazon gift card for your efforts. You must be at least 16 years old to donate; if under 17, you must have parental permission. Thank you for your generosity during this season of giving.
2021 Yearbooks are still available for $85.00.
2022 Yearbooks are on sale! The cost is just $70.00 until 1/1/2022 when the price goes up to $80.00. Go to https://yearbookforever.com/ to order! Search for CATA.
CATA Spirit Wear
The Band Boosters are selling CATA Spirit Wear. Order online here: http://cataband.3dcartstores.com/CATA-Spirit-Wear-Merchandise_c_15.html
- Cap and Gown Orders
Seniors: If you missed the cap and gown order day yesterday you can still place an order online. Order graduation products, caps & gowns, & rings. Seniors were emailed information & a form. Link to order: https://bit.ly/3kxtWTh
Seniors, it's time to get your senior yearbook photo taken! Go online to https://cady.com/book22 to schedule your session! You must register and schedule a session, no drop-ins. Every senior needs to get a picture taken with CADY so they will be in the yearbook. Follow the directions below to sign up to get your picture taken. The deadline to get your picture taken is December 15th so make an appointment today!
- CADY has a studio at Crown Point Plaza in Matthews.
- When you go to the website, search for Central Academy, pick an additional scene, and then click continue.
- On the next page you will see prices for session (sitting) fees. If you want the basic $30 option then scroll to the bottom of the page and select simple session. Your session fee (sitting fee) is the fee you are paying for the photographers to take your picture and there are a lot of different priced options with multiple locations, dedicated photographers, makeup artists, etc. This fee DOES NOT pay for any of the photos that you might want. You will have to purchase your photos after you receive your proofs.
- Make sure to remove any pre-checked items you do not want such as double proofs, retouching, etc.
- Select your date and time, create an account, and pay the sitting fee.
- Show up for your appointment date and time you selected to get your pictures taken.
- After your pictures are taken you'll receive a portfolio in the mail. Keep anything you'd like to purchase and return everything else in the enclosed postage-paid envelope.
- Remember, we want 100% of our seniors represented in this book but we can’t do it without you.
- If you have questions about senior pictures, please contact CADY Studios. If you have questions about other issues, contact Ms. Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Life Organizations:
- This week our Student Council is sponsoring our first ever CATA Holiday Drive. Our goal is to raise $5,000 to help ten families in the Monroe area during the holidays. A business letter will be given to each student. For twelve days starting November 22, student council members will visit first period classes to see which class can raise the most money. Each class has a $250 goal and will be rewarded with a breakfast if they reach their goal. We will have loose change days on Friday, December 3 and 10. The classes that bring the most change will be rewarded. One can give online on the school website. We will purchase three outfits for the children, a pair on new shoes, a winter coat, toys for the kids, and a family holiday dinner. There is no better way to serve than to be nice to others and help those that need help! Please consider giving to this project!
- LISTEN UP! The Hands Helping Others Club will be meeting on Thursday, December 2 after school in room 527. The meeting will start promptly at 3:50pm. Please see Mrs. Hinson or the Hands Helping Others Canvas page for more information.
Weekly AthleticsBuy tickets online before the game: https://www.ucpsathletics.com/catatickets
HOME BBALL vs. CTK, No Early Dismissal
5:00 PM JV Men
6:00 PM V. Girls
7:30 PM V. Men
HOME MBB vs. Apprentice, No early dismissal
JV 6:00 PM
VAR 7:30 PM
Swim Early Dismissal 3:40 PM
Indoor Track = CADY PICS 4PM
AWAY WR @ W.Stanly 5:30 PM, Dismissal: 3:15PM
AWAY W BBALL @ C. Park 5PM, Dismissal: 3:00 PM, @Carolina Courts Concord
HOME WR Quad Meet 6PM, No Early Dismissal, Meet vs. Sun Valley, Cuthberston, & Brad Prep
Guidance/Career Development Coordinator Announcements:
Attention Juniors and Seniors!! A representative from Greensboro College will be at CATA this coming Monday morning. If you are interested in finding out a little more about this small liberal arts college nestled in the vibrant city of Greensboro, come to the Counseling office to sign up or email Ms. Goodwin before Friday of this week.
Performances/Performing Arts/Band & Music News:
- Check out the CATA PTSO Performing Arts Website!