Daily announcements are available using several communication channels:
- Announcements are posted here on this page.
- Announcements are read over the PA in the office.
- Announcements are posted daily to the CATA website homepage.
- Some announcements will be posted to the CATA Facebook and Twitter pages.
- All announcements need to be approved by administration before they are posted.
- CATA Cougar Spirit Wear is now available. Please stop by during one of their sale events (dates are posted on Facebook) or contact email@example.com. You can now order from the new CATA Cougar online store.
The 2019 CATAlyst, our yearbook, is here! Have you ordered yours yet? Bring your $75.00 check (made payable to CATA) or cash to Ms. Christensen to reserve your copy today! You can also order online at yearbookforever.com (search for CATA).
Parents - reserve your senior tribute space in the yearbook by returning this form with your payment by Monday, September 30th. You can also order online at yearbookforever.com. Photos and your message are due by Thursday, October 31st. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Christensen. More information about senior tributes can be found here.
Student Life Organizations:
- Math Tutoring will be provided by Mr. Broome every Monday from 3:30-4:30 in room 519 in the maze.
- Congratulations to the new World Language officers - President - Rylee Outlaw, V.P. Rachel Wiley, Sec. - Olivia Seighman, Treasurer - Drew Huffman. Our next meeting will be after school on Oct 3. in Ms. Mcabee's room.
- Anyone interested in joining CATA's student council, please see Mr. McDowell and have your dues turned in by September 18th.
- The first HOSA meeting will be Thursday, September 19 after school in Room 600
- This year the Travel Club is exploring Scotland, England and France during 2020 Spring Break. There is still room available to sign up. See Mrs. Pentecost for more information. For those already signed up, mark your calendar for our monthly meetings to prepare for the adventure. We will meet the 3rd Thursday of each month.
- Do you want to develop and build projects? Do you want to learn skills such as soldering, machining, electronics, 3D printing, and more? Join the new Maker Club! The club meets every Friday in room 612, from 3:35 PM to 5:00 PM. Those who join this club will get the opportunity to work in the engineering metals lab, create and build projects, and develop STEM skills. Everyone is welcome, no matter the academy or skill level. We need diverse talent. So, if you are interested, all you have to do is show up on a Friday at 3:35 in room 612. We’ll show you from there!
Performances/Performing Arts/Band & Music News
- There will be a meeting for anyone interested in wrestling this winter after school on Thursday in the gym lobby.
- Weekly Athletics
Wednesday, September 18th:
HOME – Soccer vs. Mount Pleasant – 4:30/6:00 pm
AWAY – Tennis vs. Piedmont – 4:00 pm, Dismiss @ 2:30 pm
Thursday, September 19th:
AWAY – JV Football @ Charlotte Country Day School – 6:00 pm
HOME – Tennis vs. Mount Pleasant – 4:00 pm, Dismiss @ 3:00 pm
AWAY – Volleyball vs. West Stanly – 4:30/6:00 pm, Dismiss Both Teams @ 2:45 pm
Friday, September 20th:
HOME – Volleyball vs. Monroe – 4:00/5:30 pm, Dismiss JV Volleyball @ 3:00 pm
HOME – Soccer vs. Monroe – 5:30/7:00 pm
• One ticket gets you into both!
Saturday, September 21st:
AWAY – Cross Country – Hare & Hounds – McAlpine Park – 8:00 am
- Are you interested in learning more about the Career & College Promise Program or registering for the spring semester??? You’re in luck! A representative South Piedmont Community College will join us on Thursday, September 26, 2019 to discuss the Career and College Promise program during Cougar time. Come find out more about the program, the application process and upcoming registration information! You must sign up though the Google survey by next Tuesday 9/24/19 in order to attend. Please contact Mrs. (Cain) Corbett in the counseling office with any additional questions.
- Class of 2020 Graduation will be held on Thursday, June 11th at 1:00 pm at Winthrop Coliseum.