Daily announcements are available using several communication channels:
- Announcements are posted here on this page.
- Announcements are read over the PA in the office.
- Announcements are posted daily to the CATA website homepage.
- Some announcements will be posted to the CATA Facebook and Twitter pages.
- All announcements need to be approved by administration before they are posted.
Student Life Organizations:
- Attention Seniors: The Senior Week Field Trip is to the National Whitewater Center in Charlotte on Friday, May 25. Forms will be available before and after school this week in the main office. Please turn in a parent permission form and the Whitewater Center waiver form along with the $72.00 fee or $80.00 if you are pre-purchasing a box lunch by April 30th. All forms must be turned in to Ms. Bivens in the Media Center.
- The Prom is 4/28 at Rolling Hills Country Club. Tickets cost $70 and are on sale to Juniors and Seniors on the CATA online payment website at this link. TODAY is the last day to purchase prom tickets! Students are allowed to purchase a total of one or two tickets. All students are required to click on this link after the ticket purchase to fill out the prom attendee form. Students must be signed in to their UCPS Google Account to fill out the form. If your guest is not a CATA student, then a guest permission slip must be picked up and returned to the main office no later than 4/23 filled out appropriately. No guests over the age of 20. Students will not be given tickets until all past due balance fees are paid.
- Rising Seniors, the PTSO invites you to participate in the Senior T-Shirt design contest! Help us recognize the efforts and spirit of the Class of 2019 and choose to participate in the contest! The winner will receive a free senior tee and senior sign, complements of the PTSO! Follow the directions that were emailed to you to submit your design. The submission deadline is Friday, April 27th!
- Yearbooks are on sale for $85.00. Be sure to remember to order your yearbook! Order online at https://www.yearbookforever.com (search for CATA) or bring in a check or cash to Ms. Christensen. Make checks out to CATA. We only have 65 left!
- Attention CATA: Did you know that approximately 38.4 percent of men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetime? That is a 1 in 3 chance! How can you help fight this terrible disease? The Hands Helping Others Club is collecting donations for the RELAY FOR LIFE during LUNCH this week and next week! Every little bit counts!! For every dollar you donate, you will receive a ticket to be entered into a raffle for some great prizes! PLEASE GIVE TO THE CAUSE!!!
Come out to CATA on May 1st and watch our talented students perform! Who will be our winner? We have a lot of great acts for you. Admission is $5.00 at the door and all the money raised goes to The Literacy Council of Union County. Your admission includes your first 5 voting tickets. Additional tickets can be purchased for $1.00 each. Tickets will be sold at lunches on Monday, April 30th and Tuesday, May 1st as well as at the door.
- Who would win: Batman or Superman? Which is a better pet: Cats or Dogs? Does pineapple belong on pizza? Should students be able to opt-out of final exams? These topics will be debated by members of the debate club on May 2nd starting at 6:00 pm. You will get to decide the winner for each debate. Tickets will be $3 in the cafeteria next week or $5 at the door. Bring your whole family!
Performances/Performing Arts/Band & Music News
Friday, April 20th:
AWAY – Baseball @ Forest Hills – 6:00 pm
AWAY – Softball @ Forest Hills – 5:00 pm, Dismiss @ 3:15 pm
Students please come out and support our spring musical is called On the Town. You can see it on April 20, and 21 at 7 PM and April 22 at 2:30 PM. This is a show heavy with dance numbers, an orchestra pit full of our band students, and many talented CATA students are in the cast and crew. Plan to come out to watch at least one of the shows. Tickets are $10 and are on sale in advance at http://cata.seatyourself.biz. We will have food trucks on April 21 starting at 4:30 pm.
- Registration for the 2018 Band of Blue Marching Band is now open on the band website. Please visit the marching band page today and register by May 1st for this award winning program! Please see Mr. Retzlaff for any questions you may have.
- The CATA Jazz Band and Jazz Combo is holding its first rehearsal this coming Tuesday 4/24 from 4:00-5:30 PM in the band room.
- The CATA Band of Blue Color Guard is having tryouts for the upcoming marching season on Monday 4/23 from 4:30-6:30 PM in the band room. Please dress to go outside. Please see Mr. Retzlaff for any questions.
- CATA Crawl Video
Did you miss this year's CATA Crawl nights? See the video that highlights the different academies, their pathways, and all that CATA has to offer! Watch video
- UNC Wilmington will be visiting on April 26 at 9:30. Please fill out the Google form if you are interested in attending. Attendance requires teacher approval. Please see Ms. Cole if you have questions
- The Prom will be held on Saturday, April 28th, 2018 from 8:00 pm - 11:55 pm at Rolling Hills Country Club. The theme is the Roaring 20's.
- Class of 2018 Graduation will be held at Winthrop University Coliseum, Rock Hill on Saturday June 9, 2018 6:00 pm.