Central Academy of Technology & Arts senior Athan Wright fully embraces his entrepreneurial spirit and go-getter attitude. After starting his own lawn care business at the age of 14, he knew that being an entrepreneur was the career path he wanted to follow.
Mr. Humphries' PLTW Engineering Design & Development (EDD) students are designing a weather station. This image shows a schematic diagram for this station.
Central Academy of Technology & Arts (CATA) senior, Ashline Arnaud is the runner up for the state’s Poetry Out Loud Competition.
At the March 2 meeting, the Board recognized a senior at Central Academy of Technology & Arts’ (CATA) Medical Science Academy who constantly and selflessly serves her peers and the youth around her.
Peachjar Digital Flyers
We have launched a new electronic flyer communication tool called Peachjar. To view school-approved digital flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on our website.
If you cannot attend the distribution and signing party then you can pick up your book from Mrs. Tweed in the guidance office from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday after August 2nd.
New Cheer Coach and Cheerleading Packet/Tryout Information
Click here for information about the new coach, Ms. Zeiher.
Click here for the 2021-22 Cheerleading Packet with tryout dates.
July 27th, 28th, 29th 8 am-10 am
August: 3rd, 4th 8 am-10 am
Cheer Clinic: Aug 5th 5:30pm-7:30pm
Cheer Clinic/Mock Tryout: Aug 6th 3 pm-5 pm
Cheer Tryouts: Aug 7th 1 pm-3 pm
Seniors, it's time to get your senior yearbook photo taken! We have a road shoot that will be at CATA on Wednesday, July 28th. Go online to https://cady.com/book22 to schedule your session! You must register and schedule a session, no drop-ins. We need more students to sign up for the July date or it could be canceled due to low numbers. Every senior needs to get a picture taken with CADY so they will be in the yearbook. Follow the directions below to sign up to get your picture taken.
- CADY has a studio at Crown Point Plaza in Matthews. There will also be a photoshoot at CATA on Wednesday, July 28th.
- When you go to the website, search for Central Academy, pick an additional scene, and then click continue.
- On the next page you will see prices for session (sitting) fees. If you want the basic $30 option then scroll to the bottom of the page and select simple session. Your session fee (sitting fee) is the fee you are paying for the photographers to take your picture and there are a lot of different priced options with multiple locations, dedicated photographers, makeup artists, etc. This fee DOES NOT pay for any of the photos that you might want. You will have to purchase your photos after you receive your proofs.
- Make sure to remove any pre-checked items you do not want such as double proofs, retouching, etc.
- Select your date and time, create an account, and pay the sitting fee.
- Show up for your appointment date and time you selected to get your pictures taken.
- After your pictures are taken you'll receive a portfolio in the mail. Keep anything you'd like to purchase and return everything else in the enclosed postage-paid envelope.
- Remember, we want 100% of our seniors represented in this book but we can’t do it without you.
- Yearbook and senior tribute orders can be placed once school starts in the fall. The yearbook is always at its lowest price the first week of school so order early to get the best deal!
- If you have questions about senior pictures, please contact CADY Studios. If you have questions about other issues, contact Ms. Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention all CATA Students:New course offerings for the 21-22 school year. Please open the link to the form in your browser and see if there are new offerings of interest to you: https://bit.ly/3w44HN5 If you indicate interest in the class (& we have enough interest), then we will try to fit it into your schedule. Course descriptions are in the UCPS Program of Studies at this link https://bit.ly/3fW52Mm You may choose more than one. Please indicate your preference order.Course Offerings:AP World HistoryAP Human GeographyAP European HistoryAP StatsRemembering the HolocaustAfrican American HistoryAmerican Civil WarAmerican RevolutionTurning Points in American HistoryTwentieth-Century AmericaThe Cold WarGlobal AwarenessThese courses are not new but have room.Tech Theatre ITech Theatre II
Summer Office Hours
June 7, 2021 to August 5, 2021
Monday to Thursday (closed Fridays)
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Current Juniors Meningococcal Vaccine Requirement
In 2015, the State of North Carolina added Meningococcal vaccine to the school required immunizations. The first dose of Meningococcal vaccine, MCV, was given to this year’s Juniors prior to the start of 7th grade as a school required vaccine. The second dose of this vaccine is required prior to the start of the Senior year, the 2021-22 school year.
If your child does not currently have evidence of the MCV vaccine, please contact your child’s health care provider to obtain it. Following administration of the vaccine, please submit a copy of the record to the school nurse yet this school year. This documentation must be on file here at school prior to the start of the 2021-22 school year to meet this school enrollment requirement. Individuals born before 1/1/2003 are exempt from this requirement.
For complete details and explanations, please review the website https://immunize.nc.gov/schools/ncruleslaws.htm for NC general statutes 130A-157.
Thank you for your timely attention to this matter. If you have any questions, our school nurse will certainly be available to you as a resource. Please contact her at 704-296-3088 or by email at email@example.com.
Hello CATA Families!
Attention RISING Senior Parents. We're looking for parents to be part of our senior committee for next year. If you are interested in helping next year, please reach out to Sarah Fazzino at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The PTSO is looking for someone to chair the Scholarship Committee next year. If you are interested, please contact Sarah Fazzino at email@example.com.
Register to Volunteer in UCPS Schools
The district has a new volunteer registration process. If you'd like to volunteer in any of the UCPS schools you must complete the volunteer registration form located at https://www.ucpsvolunteers.com. This even applies to people who had registered in previous years.
August 12, 2021
August 13, 2021
August 16, 2021
August 17, 2021
August 18, 2021
August 19, 2021
August 20, 2021
August 23, 2021
September 6, 2021