Interships, Pre-Apprenticeships and Academies
Students with questions about any of the following CTE information should contact Elaine Weidenhammer, Career Development Coordinator, in the School Counseling Office.
- RISING SENIORS ONLY - Internship. Requires 2 CTE courses completed in the same career cluster. Application required.
- RISING SENIORS - Pre-Apprenticeship. Perfect for the student who desires a hands-on type of position. Get paid while you are in school for a 2-year associate's degree.
- RISING 11th & 12th - Academies are located at each high school. A complete list of academies by school is available by clicking here.
- Porter Ridge High School has the Culinary Arts (Prerequisite: Foods II) and Vet Tech (Prerequisite: Animal Science II) Academies.
- CATA has the Automotive Service and Collision Repair Academy. (Prerequisite: Introduction to Automotive Service)
- Cosmetic Science - Available for rising 11th grade students, who must apply asap. Open House will be in the Spring of 2019, so check back for dates and times.