Kristilyn Ramos, Freshman Counselor
Welcome to Monroe High School, Class of 2020!
As your ninth grade Guidance Counselor, I want you to know that feeling a bit nervous is normal, as you make the adjustment from middle school to high school. To make your high school experience stress-free, the Guidance Department serves as your user-friendly comprehensive guide to counseling and development. We want you to be successful! If there are barriers keeping you from that success, we are here to help in areas of Academic, Career, and Personal/Social Development. On a personal note, I am looking forwarding to meeting with each of you to make sure you are on schedule to meet high school exit standards and college entrance requirements. Start thinking about where you see yourself four years from now.
To speak with me, please come to guidance and sign your name on the clipboard.
Again, I look forward to meeting with each of you.
- Visit CNFC now to explore career interests and plan with your family to meet college expenses. It's also time to plan your course work to prepare to meet high school exit standards and college entrance requirements.
Kristilyn Ramos , Freshman Counselor
Freshmen To-Do List
- Become involved in the High School. Take your studies seriously and explore extracurricular opportunities. Set academic goals for the year.
- Create a system for keeping up with your extracurricular activities, leadership positions, community service, honors, awards, summer experiences, and jobs.
- Either a computer generated file or an accordion file will be fine. Update your extracurricular activities each quarter.
- Attend a group counseling session with your college counselor to discuss your high school transcript, GPA computation, course selection, and the college planning resources available at MHS.