ACT & SAT Prep
ACT/SAT Test Prep Information
Test Prep Options (printable)
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep
- The College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) is offering comprehensive FREE test prep courses for the SAT and ACT. CFNC Test Prep features easy-to-use tutorials, interactive practice sessions that dynamically adapt to each student’s ability level, and a vocabulary builder that contains 2,000 words. Whether students have a week or a year until the test, this section of the site helps reinforce their academic skills and build their confidence as they approach test day. For more information, please visit https://www1.cfnc.org/Plan/For_College/_default.aspx and click on ‘College Test Prep' in the middle of the page.
- Students can also visit http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/ for ACT test prep and for http://sat.collegeboard.org/ practice SAT test prep.
- Kaplan Test Prep also has free practice tests (with score reviews) for the ACT, SAT, and PSAT here.
- College Board and Khan Academy have teamed up to offer free practice resources for the new SAT here. These resources are designed to meet you where you are and to help you where you need it. You will have access to interactive practice, instant feedback, and more.
- Varsity Tutors is a website that offers FREE learning tools and practice tests for the SAT, PSAT, ACT, ASVAB and more. This website is a comprehensive suite of completely free practice tests, digital flashcards, and questions-of-the-day for standardized tests and academic subjects of all levels. Learn more here: http://www.varsitytutors.com/practice-tests.
- SOPHIA offers free ACT test preparation here: https://www.sophia.org/preparing-for-college/act-test-preparation
- Union County Public Library/Gale Testing and Education Reference Center http://www.co.union.nc.us/departments/library/research/newspaper-photo-archives-3 After you login, go to the tab at the top for 'College Prep'. Students ask the Media Coordinator or your teacher for your login.
- ePrep – A great online prep course, it has a 30 day FREE option and it can also be purchased for families to use. The website is eprep.com.
- UNC Charlotte's ACT and SAT Exam Prep Courses:
In partnership with The Princeton Review, UNC Charlotte's Extended Academic Programs offers the ACT and SAT exam prep courses at a discounted rate! Online and classroom formats are available that provide critical test-taking techniques, realistic testing practice with proctored exams, and drills/homework assignments to practice outside class. http://continuinged.uncc.edu/contentManagement.do?method=load&code=CM000008.
- Briarcliff Hall offers in person one-on-one test preparation for both the SAT and the ACT as well as one-on-one Skype sessions. http://www.briarcliffhall.com/
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to College This test prep provider offers small group or one-on-one guidance for both the SAT and the ACT, as well as live online tutoring. http://www.hitchhikersguide2college.com/