NOTE: Students must be logged into PowerSchool using their NCEdCloud login. Students who currently use a parent's login credentials to access their grades in PowerSchool will NOT be able to complete the registration process using the Parent Portal. For technical assistance with logging into the NCEdCloud, please see Mrs. Donna Helms in the Media Center.
- Log on to NCEdCloud using the Quick Link on the main Piedmont webpage.
- Click on PowerSchool.
- Click on Class Registration on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click on View Course Requests at the top of your screen to view your core class recommendations
- Click on Class Registration
- Select your elective classes by clicking on the Pencil icon in each subject area.
- The courses available to choose from will be listed on the next screen-check the box next to the course(s) you wish to select. When done, click the Okay
- Follow the same steps for your other elective choices, remembering to click the Okay button after choosing your classes on each page.
**You will designate which classes are your 1st choice electives and alternates when you meet individually with a counselor
- Your choices will appear on the next screen. Confirm that all of your choices are listed and click on the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on View Course Requests. Your elective choices along with your teacher recommendations will be listed. You should have a minimum of 11 total classes.
Additional Registration Information:
- Apply for Career & Technical Education Academies
- 2022-2023 UCPS Program of Studies - Contains course offerings, descriptions, and pre-requisities.
- 2022-2023 UCPS Program of Studies - Spanish version (Coming soon!)
- Graduation Requirements-
- A 4x4 block schedule allows a student to earn 32 credits while in high school.
- Graduation requirement is calculated by subtracting four from a student's maximum potential.
- 32 credits minus 4 credits= 28 credits to fulfill Union County Graduation Requirements
- Have questions? Please contact your grade level counselor:
Core Classes Required for Graduation:
- The following courses are the recommended courses of study for Piedmont High School students: Click Here.
- If a student is recommended for a course and he/she would like to switch to a lower or higher level class, that change can happen when the student meets with a counselor one-on-one (AP to Honors or Honors to CP).
- Elective choices that are currently taught at Piedmont High School can be viewed HERE.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Course Offerings
- Want to know more about Career and Technical Education (CTE) Classes? Click Here to view course descriptions and videos about the different course offerings.
Rising Seniors Only
- Flex- A senior who is in good standing, is on track for graduation and needs less than 8 credits to graduate may opt to apply for flex day. Flex Day Application
- Early Graduation- In order for a Senior to be considered for mid-year graduation an application must be returend within the first 10 days of the seinor year. Early Graduation Application
Career & College Program:
The Career and College Promise Program allows high school students who qualify, to enroll in community college courses while still attending their home school. These courses can be used for dual credit in order to meet high school graduation requirements as well as accumulating towards an associate’s degree or as a plan to meet general education requirements in the college or university setting.
Before registering for any of these courses, students should consult their school counselor on how these credits will be factored into his/her historical grades. Not all career and college promise courses receive accelerated quality points for the purposes of calculating a student's grade point average. The links below contain information on the most current course offerings approved by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
Rising 11th and 12th grade students must have a minimum 2.8 unweighted GPA or demonstrate college readiness on an approved assessment to be eligible.
For more information on if you qualify and how to apply contact one of the school counselors.
CONTACT A SCHOOL COUNSELOR:
Stacey Butera - email@example.com
Joanna Ellis - firstname.lastname@example.org
Erica Henderson - email@example.com
Sarah Higgins- firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Mitchell - email@example.com
Alice Collins (Counseling Office Secretary) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the School Counseling Website for additional needs.