Online Learning Opportunities
Currently, students at Forest Hills can take courses online through three different providers:
- Union County Public Schools
- North Carolina Virtual Public School
These providers are used for new credit courses and credit recovery. Please note, UCPS does not offer full-time virtual school or homeschool options.
Union County Public Schools
- UCPS provides students with expanded academic options by offering online courses (AP, Honors, World Languages, electives, etc.) in a virtual setting. Students have access to more courses through UCPS virtual programs than what may be offered at their homeschool and allows for more flexibility within students' schedules. Students may take courses through UCPS virtual program if the course is not offered at their homeschool OR if there is a scheduling conflict within the students' schedule and there is no other option to take the course.
- If you are interested in registering for UCPS Virtual courses, you must see your Counselor.
North Carolina Virtual Public School
- North Carolina Virtual Public School (NCVPS) provides students with expanded academic options by offering online courses (AP, Honors, World Languages, electives, etc.) in a virtual setting. By virtue of online course delivery, students in North Carolina have access to courses and highly qualified teachers in subjects that they may not have available at their local school.
- For more information, visit www.ncvps.org.
- If you are interested in registering for NCVPS courses, you must see your Counselor.
- APEX courses provide students the opportunity to recover credits for certain classes that they have failed through computer-based classes. These courses can be found at apexvs.com.
- If you are interested in recovering credits, you must see your Counselor.