Things to Remember as a 10th Grader:
- Keep your grades strong to maintain a competitive GPA - ask for help if you have questions, stay for tutoring if you need additional help, challenge yourself and take more rigorous courses.
- Get involved - Clubs/Organizations at Forest Hills know your options for getting involved. Colleges (and scholarship committees) love to see a student who participates in extracurriculars.
- Local college fairs - you can attend these as a 10th grader! Get to know your options for colleges and learn about what their requirements for admission are.
- Resume - continue adding to your resume. This is a great place to keep track of volunteer hours and honors/awards you have received.
- Attendance - know the attendance policy. It is crucial to your academic success that you miss as few days of school as possible.
The PreACT will be given to all 10th graders during the school day. This test is an indicator of how well a student may perform on the ACT. This test is designed like the ACT, it uses the same types of test questions, same score scale, and same format. There are four sections in the PreACT: English, Mathematics, Reading and Science. An interest inventory is also a piece of the PreACT that will help the student explore college major and career options to help them start planning their future.
Parents! Use these directions to become a Canvas observer in your student's courses. This is a great way to track your student's progress in their courses. Observers are not able to submit work on behalf of the students they observe, but they can see student grades, assignments, and calendar events.