We are currently on a waiting list for parking passes. This means your child will be able to drive to campus on their assigned day, as long as we are on the current 25% model. If/when we return to a normal school schedule, your child will not guaranteed a parking spot.
- Given the unique circumstances of the upcoming school year, we have restructured our current parking guidelines to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. As long as we are in a situation in which only 25% of students attend school on a given day, we will be able to accommodate more student drivers than we do in a normal school year. However, it is important to understand that if/when we move into a situation in which more than 25% of our students are attending school on a given day each week, then a subset of students who are allotted parking passes now will lose the ability to park in the student parking lot due to limited capacity.This subset of students will be those students who purchase a parking pass after a certain threshold of parking pass purchases is reached during this current purchasing window. These students will be notified of this possibility when they purchase a parking pass.
- In past school years, student drivers have been assigned designated parking spaces. However, due to the unique circumstances of the school year, student drivers will not be assigned a specific parking space. Rather, choice of parking spots in the student lot will be on a first come, first served basis each day. This unique parking situation will only be in effect for as long as we are in a scenario in which only 25% of students are attending school on daily basis.
- Any student who wishes to drive to school and who meets the criteria listed later in this form will have the opportunity to purchase a parking pass. Students who park in the student lot must have both parking stickers showing in his/her vehicle.
- The parking lot will open at 7:30 a.m. each morning. We will conduct daily Covid-19 screenings while students are still in vehicles.
- All students who are granted parking privileges will be charged a $40 non-refundable fee. Fees go toward parking lot and building improvement related expenses. A duplicate permit will cost $5. Students who lose the ability to park in the student lot due to a change in the percentage of students who attend school each day will not receive a refund of the parking pass fee.
- Students who currently have a valid Driver's License and meet the qualifications below may apply for parking privileges.
- Students who drive and park vehicles on school grounds are subject to all traffic laws and local school rules.
- You will receive an email from FamilyID notifying you once your registration is submitted. This DOES NOT mean that it is approved! You will receive another email notifying you once your registration has been completed and approved. Please allow time for staff to process the registration for approval.
- Parking passes/stickers will be mailed to your home during the week of August 10th.
Eligibility for WHS Student Parking:
- Applicant must not have any outstanding student financial obligations.
- Student must have access to and use a car on a daily basis.
Procedures for Applying for a Parking Pass
- Permit priority is to be assigned based on grade level.
- Parking passes will be allotted within the time windows below on a first come, first served basis.
- Students may register for a parking pass by grade level as follows:
- Seniors (12th Grade): Monday, July 27 at 8:00 a.m. - Sunday, August 2nd at 11:55 p.m.
- Juniors (11th Grade): Wednesday, July 29 at 8:00 a.m. - Sunday, August 2nd at 11:55 p.m.
- Sophomores (10th Grade): Friday, July 31 at 8:00 a.m. - Sunday, August 2 at 11:55 p.m.
- Parking Registration will reopen at 8:00am on August 19th for those who still desire a parking pass.
**Before a Parking Pass application will be reviewed, the student or parent must pay the $40.00 fee.
Procedures Regarding Parking and Disciplinary Consequences
- Students who leave school without written permission from a parent and/or who fail to sign-out in the front office will lose parking privileges for 5 days. (On the second offense, the student’s privileges will be suspended for 10 days). On the third such offense, the student's parking privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the year, without a refund.
- If a student’s vehicle is found on campus during a period of suspended parking privileges, the student will lose parking privileges for an additional 5 days.
- If a student’s vehicle is found on campus during a period of suspended parking privileges on additional occasions, the vehicle will be booted.
Procedures for Mid-Year Review
- If a student has failed two or more classes for the 1st semester, the parking privilege will be revoked for the second semester.
- Students who have been suspended out of school two or more times during the 1st semester will have their parking privilege revoked.
**If a student’s Parking Privileges are revoked for any of the reasons above, the Parking Pass fee will not be prorated or refunded. The space will be reassigned to students on the waiting list. Students who have had their parking privileges revoked WILL NOT be able to have this privilege reinstated until the following school year, and that is only if the reason for their revocation has not been repeated during the second semester.
Parking on school property is a privilege not a right. Unauthorized parking at Weddington High School will result in the following:
- 1st Offense: warning sticker placed on the vehicle’s windshield (This is for being parked on campus without a parking pass, being parked in a non-designated area (faculty or visitors lot), or being parked in another student’s spot.)
- 2nd Offense: one week parking privilege suspension or 4 hour Saturday Work Detail
- 3rd Offense: boot placed on the vehicle ($25 fee to have the boot removed). 4th and Subsequent Offenses: The vehicle will be towed at the owner's expense.
-Parking passes will be applied for and purchased through FamilyID according to the schedule appearing later in this document, and the actual parking pass/stickers will be distributed at student orientation sessions in August.
-Parking passes will cost $40. The fee must be paid in full before a parking pass application will be reviewed. All documents (license-not learner’s permit, insurance card, and registration) must also be uploaded and legible before a parking pass application will be reviewed.
-In the 2020-2021 school year, students will be required to have a parking pass posted in both the front window and the back window of the registered vehicle.
If you have any questions, please contact Mike Hart@ firstname.lastname@example.org