Inside the School
- Grade Range: Pre-Kindergarten to 5th Grade
- Number of Staff (approximate): 70
- Number of Students (approximate): 600
- Bell Schedule: 8:15am tardy, 2:45pm dismissal
- Type of Calendar: Traditional
- Colors: Red, Blue and Yellow
- Mascot: Chip the Bear
- School of Distinction (80-90% of students at grade level): 1997-1998, 1998-1999, 1999-2000, 2000-2001, 2001-2002, 2006-2007, 2009-2010, 2011-2012.
- Honor School of Excellence (at least 90% of students at grade level and the school met all AMO targets): 2003-2004, 2004-2005.
- School of Excellence (at least 90% of students at grade level): 2002-2003.
- School of Progress (60-80% of students at grade level): 2010-2011
- Title I Reward School (among the 10% highest-performing of all Title I schools in North Carolina): 2013-2014
- United Way Contributers: Special recognition in 2014-2015 for greatest improvement in percentage of participation, highest per capita giving and greatest improvement in percentage of participation in the Porter Ridge Cluster.
- Relay for Life Participants
- Jump Rope for Heart Participation: Special recognition in 1997-1998, 1998-1999, 1999-2000, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015.