AFJROTC Mission Success means:
Providing every cadet an educational environment fostering academic achievement, health and wellness, character and leadership development, life skills, community service and patriotism.
Mission, Goals, and Objectives
The mission of the AFJROTC program is to Develop citizens of character dedicated to serving their nation and community.
The goals of the program are to instill values of citizenship, service to the United States, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment in high school students.
The objectives of AFJROTC are to educate and train high school cadets in citizenship; promote community service; instill responsibility, character, and self-discipline; and provide instruction in air and space fundamentals.
Within the guidelines of our mission and these goals and objectives, the cadets will develop:
- An appreciation of the basic elements and requirements for national security.
- Respect for and an understanding of the need for constituted authority in a democratic society.
- Patriotism and an understanding of their personal obligation to contribute to national security.
- Habits of orderliness and precision.
- A high degree of personal honor, self-reliance, and leadership.
- Broad-base knowledge of the aerospace age and fundamental aerospace doctrine.
- Basic military skills.
- A knowledge of and appreciation for the traditions of the Air Force.
- An interest in completing high school and pursuing higher educational goals or skills.
- An understanding of the Air Force and military as a possible career path.
Visit the Air Force JROTC Web Site to learn more