Daily announcements are available using several communication channels:
- There will be an announcements presentation in the cafeteria each day during all lunches on the big screen above the cafeteria serving areas.
- Announcements will scroll on Channel 14 throughout the day. Teachers are expected to leave their TV's on throughout the day. Students can also view scrolling announcements in the cafeteria and Media Center.
- A weekly announcement video will be shown on Fridays during Pirate Prep on Ch. 15. All teachers are expected to show the video on Fridays at the beginning Pirate Prep.
- Announcements are posted here on this page.
- Announcements are posted to the Porter Ridge website homepage in the Announcements section.
Click HERE to post an announcement
Click HERE for Video Broadcast Commercial Guidelines
**New Announcements are in BOLD.**
Click here for Spring 2017 Attendance Waiver and Recovery Information.
Seniors! Remember that you must take care of all outstanding fees asap and return all overdue books asap! See Mrs. McSheehan in the office to take care of your fees and return your books to the Media Center!
Stone Theatres at Sun Valley is hiring for part-time summer staff. Click here for the application.
Porter Ridge Student Council is hosting its first ever volleyball tournament at Chestnut Square Park on Thursday, May 25th at 3:30. Sign-Ups will take place during all lunches starting May 1st. 5 players per team and only $5! We hope to see you there!
Seniors, please check your email for a link to the Senior Survey. The Counseling Departments needs to know your plans for after graduation. Please submit the form found in your student email account. Deadline May 1st.
Open gym for 9th, 10th and 11th graders on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Must have physical and must sign up in room F207 to play.
- Class of 2017! We want your baby pictures, throwbacks, high school snapshots, and most of all DIVERSITY for the Senior Slideshow! You can submit via Twitter @seniorslidePRHS, Instagram @seniorslidePRHS, Gmail at email@example.com! Deadline is MONDAY, MAY 1ST!
- We are in need of proctors for our final exams. The dates are June 5th-8th from 7:45 a.m.- 12:15 p.m. If you are available to help, please contact Linda Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Students, you are NOT allowed to ride another bus home with a friend. The buses are very crowded and transportation is asking that you ride your OWN bus to and from school. Thank you for your cooperation.
- SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) is a unique and powerful approach to youth safety because it recognizes the role that young people can take in making schools and communities safer. Because SAVE chapters are established and operated by students, the opportunity to spread the message of nonviolence to young people and their communities is enhanced when SAVE chapters exist. Focusing on crime prevention, conflict management and service projects, SAVE students are providing positive peer influences in violence prevention efforts. We will meet the second Wednesday of each month. 3-4 p.m. in F101. Club Sponsor(s)- Mr. Chang & Dr. Johnson; Club President-Amber Brumfield. Click here for more info about SAVE.
- Your school counseling department is now on Twitter! We'll be using Twitter as another way to share announcements and information for our students and families. You are welcome to follow @PRHScounseling.