Daily announcements are available using several communication channels:
- There will be an announcements presentation in the cafeteria each day during all lunches on the big screen above the cafeteria serving areas.
- Announcements will scroll on Channel 14 throughout the day. Teachers are expected to leave their TV's on throughout the day. Students can also view scrolling announcements in the cafeteria and Media Center.
- A weekly announcement video will be shown on Fridays during Pirate Prep on Ch. 15. All teachers are expected to show the video on Fridays at the beginning Pirate Prep.
- Announcements are posted here on this page.
- Announcements are posted daily to the Porter Ridge website homepage.
Click HERE to post an announcement
Click HERE for Video Broadcast Commercial Guidelines
**New Announcements are in BOLD.**
- Team registration is now officially open for The GREATRACE! Team captains, please send your team name and 4 team members’ names to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ms. Yearick only has space for 40 teams and those spots will fill QUICKLY! The race is scheduled for Thurs., April 27th at 6:30 p.m. Get on it, racers!
- This is a reminder that the final test for the March Driver Education class will be March 20th in the Media Center after school. Students need to make sure that they have the 800 form student information completed and signed by parent at the top of the form in order to get your eye check by DMV. Students also need signed 28 hour verification letter signed by their parent/guardian and a copy of their birth certificate. The forms are available on the online Driver Ed page and in room G114.
- Pirate's Got Talent! A school wide talent show will be coming up in April. Sign ups will be held during lunches during the week of March 20-24. All types of acts will be accepted, singing, juggling, playing instruments, bottle-flipping etc. We will be looking forward to a talent filled night. See Mr. Drake for more details.
- SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) is a unique and powerful approach to youth safety because it recognizes the role that young people can take in making schools and communities safer. Because SAVE chapters are established and operated by students, the opportunity to spread the message of nonviolence to young people and their communities is enhanced when SAVE chapters exist. Focusing on crime prevention, conflict management and service projects, SAVE students are providing positive peer influences in violence prevention efforts. We will meet the second Wednesday of each month. 3-4 p.m. in F101. Club Sponsor(s)- Mr. Chang & Dr. Johnson; Club President-Amber Brumfield
Click here for more info about SAVE.
- Seniors, paper applications for local scholarships are coming into the counseling department. Please read your student email for specific announcements of these scholarship applications.
- The Technology fee is due! This can be paid online and is listed as “Technology Fee Current Year” or mailed to the school Attn:Bookkeeper. Students can also bring payment to Ms. McSheehan in the main office.
- Students, you are NOT allowed to ride another bus home with a friend. The buses are very crowded and transportation is asking that you ride your OWN bus to and from school. Thank you for your cooperation.
- The next FFA meeting will be held on Friday, March 31st, during 4th block Pirate Prep in E203. We will be preparing for Wake Up to Ag Day. Please see Mrs. Sweatt with any questions.
- Your school counseling department is now on Twitter! We'll be using Twitter as another way to share announcements and information for our students and families. You are welcome to follow @PRHScounseling.