The Sun Valley Counseling Center would like to welcome all students to a new school year. Whether you are a returning student or a new arrival, we look forward to serving you. We are here to help you make wise decisions and to remove any obstacles that may hinder your success in school. We would like to see this be your best school year yet! If you need to schedule a conference, please call 704-296-3020. Our office hours are from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
School Counselor Assignments for 2020-21 School Year
Students, counselors will now be assigned based on your last name and will remain with you throughout your time at SVHS. Please see below for your school counselor and contact her with any questions.
A-Ca Mrs. Stadler firstname.lastname@example.org
Ce-Go Mrs. Hawkins email@example.com
Gr-L Ms. Jaquish firstname.lastname@example.org
M-Ri Mrs. Hill email@example.com
RO-Z Ms. Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
School Social Worker: Susan Slattery-Rogers
Guidance Secretary/Registrar: Nicole Clark
Counseling Office Contact Information
- Counseling Office Number: 704.296.3020
- Counseling Office Fax Number: 704.296.0792
- Sun Valley CEEB/Testing Code: 342685
- SVHS School Profile (2019-20)
Senior Brag Sheet
Seniors! Want to stand out during the college and scholarship search process? Complete your Brag Sheet in Naviance to provide information for your counselor to provide an all-around view of all you have to offer prospective colleges.
School counselors recognize their primary obligation for confidentiality is to the student but balance that obligation with an understanding of the family or guardians’ legal and inherent rights to be the guiding voice in their children’s lives (ASCA Code of Ethics).
The role of the school counselor in regards to confidentiality is:
- To support the students right to privacy and protect confidential information received from students, the family, guardian and staff members
- To explain the meaning and limits of confidentiality to students in developmentally appropriate terms
- To provide appropriate disclosure and informed consent regarding the counseling relationship and confidentiality
- To inform students and the family of the limits to confidentiality when: Student poses a danger to self or others, Court ordered disclosure, Consultation with other professionals in support of the student i.e. colleagues, supervisors, treatment teams, and other support personnel
- To keep personal notes separate from educational records and not disclose their contents except when privacy exceptions exist
- To seek guidance from supervisors and appropriate legal advice when their records are subpoenaed
- To assert their belief that information shared by students is “confidential” and should not be revealed without the student’s consent
- To adhere to all laws protecting student records, health information, and special services (i.e., HIPAA, FERPA, IDEA)