Information for Seniors
Senior Brag Sheet
Seniors! Want to stand out during the college and scholarship search process? Complete your Brag Sheet in SCOIR to provide information for your counselor and teacher to provide an all-around view of all you have to offer prospective colleges.
SCOIR College Application Information
- Student Overview Video
- Parent Overview Video
- Requesting Letters of Recommendation
- Signing the Early Decision Contract in Scoir
- Requesting Fee Waivers in Scoir
- Guide to Completing Recommendations Section of The Common App
- Instructions for completing the Official Documents section of the Coalition Application
Every student will also be enrolled in a Canvas course specific to their graduation year. Additional resources regarding a College Application Timeline, access to virtual tours, and more are available there.
12th Grade To-Do List:
Make sure you:
- retake the SAT or ACT if needed
- research colleges you are considering applying to by checking application deadlines, majors, cost, etc.
- visit colleges you are considering attending
- apply to colleges by the end of October
- have completed the NCAA Clearinghouse form if you plan on playing a college sport
- check with your college to see if you need to take the SAT Subject Test
Key Questions to Ask When Choosing a College:
- Does the college have my major?
- Is the college a fit for me? Consider the size, location, campus environment, etc.
- What percentage of college freshmen stay?
- What percent of graduates are accepted to graduate, medical, or law school?
- What is the typical class size and how much individual attention will I receive?
- Are there opportunities for internships and/or study abroad?
- Is there an active Career Center to help me prepare for a successful job search after graduation?
- Do professors or graduate students teach freshman courses?
College Search Websites: