Information for Seniors
Senior Brag Sheet Survey
Seniors! Want to stand out during the college and scholarship search process? Complete your Brag Sheet Survey in SCOIR to provide a multifaceted view of all you have to offer prospective colleges.
SCOIR College Application Information
- Student Overview Video
- Parent Overview Video
- Requesting Letters of Recommendation
- Signing the Early Decision Contract in Scoir
- Requesting Fee Waivers in Scoir
- Guide to Completing Recommendations Section of The Common App
- Instructions for completing the Official Documents section of the Coalition Application
Every student will also be enrolled in a Canvas course specific to their graduation year. Additional resources regarding a College Application Timeline, access to virtual tours, and more are available there.
12th Grade To-Do List:
Make sure you:
- retake the SAT or ACT if needed
- research colleges you are considering applying to by checking application deadlines, majors, cost, etc.
- visit colleges you are considering attending
- apply to colleges by the end of October
- have completed the NCAA Clearinghouse form if you plan on playing a college sport
- check with your college to see if you need to take the SAT Subject Test
Key Questions to Ask When Choosing a College:
- Does the college have my major?
- Is the college a fit for me? Consider the size, location, campus environment, etc.
- What percentage of college freshmen stay?
- What percent of graduates are accepted to graduate, medical, or law school?
- What is the typical class size and how much individual attention will I receive?
- Are there opportunities for internships and/or study abroad?
- Is there an active Career Center to help me prepare for a successful job search after graduation?
- Do professors or graduate students teach freshman courses?
College Search Websites: