Resources for Parents & Students
Volunteer and Community Service:
- AmeriCorps - A post-high school residential community service experience
- Job Corps - US Dept. of Labor program for ages 16 - 24, education and vocational training.
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment:
- Daymark Recovery Services - Counseling and dependency services
- First Step at Carolinas Medical Center, Union - Dependency treatment for 18 years and older
- McLeod Center - Dependency treatment for adolescents, free walk-in assessments.
- Union County Health Department - Disease prevention and promotion of health
Therapy and Mental Health Resources:
- Alexander Youth Network - Offers a wide variety of treatment services
- Novant Behavioral Health - Provides evaluations and both inpatient and outpatient services.
- The Relatives - Emergency Shelter for ages 7-17 for Runaway, Homeless, and Youth Crisis
- Safe Alliance- Crisis intervention as well as individual and family counseling
Grief and Family Resources:
- Chameleon's Journey - for ages 7 -16 who have experienced the death of a significant family member.
- Turning Point - Addresses domestic violence, protective services
- Union County Department of Social Services- Protective services, financial assistance
Wilderness and Boot Camps:
- Eckerd Connects - for teenage boys who have experienced trouble with the law, short-term juvenile justice residential program
- Tarheel Challenge Bootcamp - for ages 16 - 18, a structured alternative to school
- Three Springs - Residential treatment for adolescents
- Timber Ridge Treatment Center - Group therapy in a wilderness setting