Never Given. Always Earned. Your Future Starts Now.
LCDR Russell (Chair)
Sgt. Major Johnney Terrell
- Monday: Drill / Academics
- Tuesday: PT
- Wednesday: Color Guard / Drill / Academics
- Thursday: Drill / Academics
- Friday: PT
Practice Days (1500-1600)
In the weeks following up to drill meets, we will have extended practices from 1505-1715.
- Monday: Drill Practice
- Tuesday: Land Navigation and Athletics
- Wednesday: Academic Team and Color Guard
- Thursday: Academic Team and Drill Practice
- Friday: Drill Team
- Drill Team: Cadets will meet every Monday and Friday from 3:05 to 4:15 pm to practice and perfect drill movements. Cadets will participate in drill competitions throughout the year. Drill is a big part NJROTC as it is how we move together as a unit. Cadets interested in perfecting their drill abilities on a higher level are encouraged to go to drill practice.
- Drone Team: Cadets will meet every Tuesday from 3:05-5:00 to practice precision flying, assemble the drones, and refine photography. Cadets will participate in drone meets, and this is the newest addition to the NRTOC program, being a stem off of the robotics program here at Sun Valley.
- Color Guard Team: Cadets will meet every Tuesday from 3:05 to 4:00 pm to perfect drill movements while incorporating the presentation and posting of colors. Cadets will participate in color guard events at football games, volleyball games, and ceremonial events.
- Academic Team: Cadets will meet every Wednesday from 3:05 to 3:40 pm to learn about Naval Science outside the learning environment of the classroom. Cadets will participate in numerous academic meets and postals (tests). Additionally, the Academic Team will travel to Sun Valley Middle School to tutor students and help with their homework from 3:40 to 4:45 pm.
- Orienteering Team: Cadets will meet every other Thursday from 3:05 to 4:00 pm to interpret maps and compasses while learning how to navigate through areas. Cadets will participate in various orienteering meets throughout the year.
- Athletic Team: Cadets will meet every other Thursday from 3:05 to 4:00 pm to further their physical abilities outside of physical training in class. Cadets will stretch, exercise and prepare themselves for the athletic meets that are scheduled year-round.
2021-2022 Company Staff
- Commanding Officer: Cadet Perla
- Executive Officer: Cadet Dumar
- Operations Officer: Cadet Bryan
- Command Master Chief: Cadet Kitchin
- Master at Arms:
- Administrative Officer: Cadet Castro
- Supply Officer: Cadet Garnett
- Weapons Officer:
- Public Affairs Officer: Cadet Stitt
- Drill Team Commander: Cadet Perla
- Athletic Team Commander: Cadet Kitchin
- Academic Team Commander: Cadet Rivernider
- Orienteering Team Commander: Cadet Kitchin
- Color Guard Team Commander: Cadet Garnett
- Drone Team Commander: Cadet Mackinson
- Middle School Liaison: Cadet Roithmeier
- Cadet Gaona Vazquez
NJROTC BOOSTER CLUB