Never Given. Always Earned.
2013 Veterans Day Ceremony Video
2013 AMI Ceremony Video
Alex Recognized as Sun Valley MVP for the last NJROTC Football Game
Teacher Room Courses
LCDR Russell (Chair)704-296-3022
- WEDNESDAY MORNINGS - 7:15 AM
- EVERYONE IN THE COMPANY!
WEEKLY SCHEDULEMonday: Academic/DrillTuesday: Physical TrainingWednesday: Personnel Inspection/DrillThursday: Academic/DrillFriday: Physical Training
PRACTICE DAYS (1505-1600)Monday: Drill Team
Tuesday: Athletic Team
Wednesday: Orienteering Team/Academic Team
Thursday: Color Guard Team
Friday: Drill TeamSun Valley High School NJROTC Teams
Drill Team: Cadets will meet every Monday and Friday from 3:05 to 4:00 pm to practice and perfect drill movements. Cadets will participate in drill competitions throughout the year. Drill is a big part NJROTC as is it how we move together as a unit. Cadets interested in perfecting their drill abilities on a higher level are encouraged to go to drill practice.
Color Guard Team: Cadets will meet every Thursday from 3:05 to 4:00 pm to perfect drill movements while incorporating the presentation and posting of colors. Cadets will participate in color guard events at football games and ceremonial events.
Orienteering Team: Cadets will meet every Wednesday from 3:05 to 4:00 pm to interpret maps and compasses, while learning how to navigate through areas. Cadets will participate in various orienteering meets throughout the year.
Academic Team: Cadets will meet every Wednesday from 3:05 to 4:00 pm to learn about Naval Science outside the learning environment of the classroom. Cadets will participate in numerous academic meets and postals (tests). Additionally, the Academic Team will travel to Sun Valley Middle School to tutor students and help with their homework from 4:00 to 4:45 pm.
Athletic Team: Cadets will meet every Tuesday from 3:05 to 4:00 pm to further their physical abilities outside of physical training in class. Cadets will stretch, exercise and prepare themselves for the athletic meets that are scheduled year round.
CADET CHAIN OF COMMAND
- Area 6 Commander: Commander Gary Jones
- Senior Naval Science Instructor (SNSI): Lieutenant Commander Curness Russell
- Naval Science Instructor (NSI): Master Gunnery Sergeant Bryant J. McKay
- Commanding Officer (CO): Lieutenant Commander Austin Baker
- Executive Officer (XO): Lieutenant Kaitlyn Williams
- Operations Officer (OPS): Lieutenant Junior Grade Alexis Prim
- Command Master Chief (CMC): Senior Chief Petty Officer Brandon Thompson
- Master At Arms: Chief Petty Officer Daniel Shoemaker
- Administrative Officer: Ensign Tyler Snider
- Supply Officer: Lieutenant Junior Grade Killian Loflin
- Weapons Officer: Ensign Thomas Urena
- Public Affairs Officer (PAO): Ensign Taylor Woolever
- Drill Team Commander: Lieutenant Junior Grade Zachary Torres
- Athletic Team Commander: Ensign Brandon Arey
- Academic Team Commander: Ensign Tanner Cowick
- Orienteering Team Commander: Ensign Trey Duxbury
- Color Guard Team Commander: Chief Petty Officer Axl Campos
- Middle School Liaison: Chief Petty Officer Tyler Miller
NJROTC BOOSTER CLUB - email@example.com
- President: Kari Corkum - (704) 614.4707 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Ericka Grimm
- Treasurer: Kris Sowards
- Secretary: Shawn Renyhart
- Activities Director: Kaye Dunlap and Denise Duxbury
- Fundraiser Director: Hugh Duxbury