Applying for College
Applying for college can be a stressful, time-consuming process. Below you will find information that will hopefully make the process a little easier for you.
How to Pick a School
- Focus on Match & Fit
College Rep Visits
Throughout the fall we will host virtual events in which a college admissions representative will give an overview of their school and provide time to answer student questions. This is a great opportunity to learn what you like and don't like about various schools and to get your application questions answered.
You'll register for these events in SCOIR. Click here for Instructions to Register for a Visit.
Visits will happen on Fridays at 11 am, 1 pm, or 2 pm. We are still scheduling more schools, but the ones that are already registered are listed below. Go to your page in SCOIR to sign up today!
9/18 11-11:40 AM ...........UNC Wilmington
9/18 12:40-1:20 PM ........Pfeiffer University
9/25 11-11:40 AM ...........Davidson College
10/2 1-1:40 PM ...............UNC Charlotte
10/9 11-11:40 AM ............NC State
10/9 1-1:40 PM ...............App State
10/16 11-11:40 AM ..........UNC Asheville
10/16 1-1:40 PM ..............NCCU
10/23 11-11:40 AM ..........WCU
10/23 2-2:40 PM ..............Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
10/30 11-11:40 AM ..........NC A&T
- 4 Year College Application includes:
- Letters of Rec
- Application fee or a fee waiver
- Test Scores
- Residency Number
- Community College Application includes:
- Free application
- Test Scores (only used if a student qualifies to waive the placement test)
- Residency Number
- Where to Apply:
- Common App
- Individual College Websites
- Always check the college website to find the application!
- Letter of Recommendation Guidelines
- Send a Transcript
- Send ACT/SAT scores
Residency Number (RDS)
- An online application process that all students applying for admission to a North Carolina public college or university and/or who are seeking to be eligible for a NC State grant as part of their financial aid, are REQUIRED to fill out. This form determines whether they are deemed a NC resident for tuition purposes.
- Items needed to fill out residency application:
- CFNC account/ log-in information
- Parent(s)’ & Student’s SSN
- Residence Information
- Federal/state tax return
- Vehicle registration, driver’s license
- Complete Residency Application (must use CFNC login information)
- Basic Information about NC residency
- How to appeal a residency decision