Junior Year Timeline
- Continue to enroll in challenging courses
- Transcripts sent to colleges in the Fall will include 9-11th grades, so study and maintain your GPA
- Stay active in clubs and/or sports
- Take on leadership roles in activities, sports, and volunteer work
- Study for the SAT and/or ACT with flashcards, test prep books, and utilize UCPS free SAT/ACT Prep tools and classes. (see TESTING.)
- Take the ACT at school and/or schedule your SAT online
- Attend college visitations in person and online
- Follow colleges you’re interested in on SCOIR
- Narrow down your college list on SCOIR to include schools that are "Reach" to "Likely" and "Safety"
- Research admission guidelines for desired colleges
- Update your resume to include jobs, leadership roles, volunteer hours, awards, etc.
- Volunteer for a sustained period of time for an organization you are passionate about
- Apply for summer enrichment courses, study abroad, college immersion, and visit college campuses to get a feel for the environment.
- Research FAFSA and continue scholarship search
Rising Senior Presentation
- Coming soon