Enrollment Information for 2018-2019 School Year
Determining and Establishing ResidencyYou must occupy the residence within the Marvin Ridge attendance zone on or before the first day of school--Monday, August 27th, 2018.If you will NOT be living in the Marvin Ridge cluster on or before the first day of school, you must request permission to enroll. Examples could include new home construction, closing on an existing home, acceptance to the IB Program, etc. Permission must be obtained from Dr. Debbie Taylor, Director of School Compliance. This process (known as student transfer request) is switching to an online format and should be available in June 2018.If a student AND his/her family are living with another family in the Marvin Ridge attendance area, a Certification of Residence must be completed and notarized. The appropriate address documentation must be attached. Submit this form with your enrollment packet ONLY if applicable.Do you live in the MRHS attendance zone? Find out below.
- Click the following link to the UCPS Edulog to check a street address for school assignment in Union County Public Schools: Edulog
- Click here to view information regarding the 2018-2019 student realignment (including maps).
Enrollment PacketWe will begin accepting new student enrollment paperwork in June and throughout the summer. When you submit all required paperwork, we will schedule an appointment for you to meet with a School Counselor and register for classes. These course registration appointments occur during the month of August.
Please note: Failure to provide the required documentation will delay the processing of your child's enrollment.
As mentioned in the enrollment packet, please bring the following items when enrolling your student:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- NC Health Assessment Transmittal Form - Only if the student is new to NC public schools
- Final Report Card from the current/previous school
- Unofficial Transcript from the current/previous school (required for proper grade and course placement)
- Standardized test scores
- EC / ESL records (if applicable)
- Parent Photo ID
- Two proofs of residence - The following are acceptable documents to prove residency:
1. Current rental agreement or purchase agreement. This document must be notarized
2. Current utility bills (electric, gas, water, telephone, cable) within the last 30 days
3. Current driver's license AND automobile registration
4. Current car insurance AND property insurance policies
5. Recent Income Tax W-2 form AND property tax bill
Should you have any questions regarding residency and/or enrollment, please contact Dianna Weir in the School Counseling Office.