New Student Enrollment
Welcome to Marvin Ridge High School where working together as One Team on One Mission we are assisting our students in earning their Passport to the World!
UCPS has an online enrollment system for the 2020-21 school year! This system is now available to our new families → Scribbles online enrollment portal. You will use the "NEW High School Enrollments" link to complete an online application and upload supporting documents. In addition to the UCPS online application, please review our New Student Enrollment Packet below and upload forms that are unique to Marvin Ridge High School, such as the record of schools attended, request for student records & transcript, and special education placement form. Additionally, please upload a copy of your child's most recent report card and/or transcript.
Should you have any questions about enrollment and/or proof of residence requirements, please contact Angela Baker.
Residency in the Marvin Ridge High School district
To confirm that you reside in the Marvin Ridge High School district, use the Edulog School Assignment Finder. If you encounter any problems using Edulog please contact the School Assignment Office at 704-296-1005. Additionally, the UCPS attendance area maps outline the boundary for the Marvin Ridge cluster.
You must occupy a residence within the Marvin Ridge High School attendance area OR be under contract to build, purchase, or lease. If you will NOT be living in the Marvin Ridge High School attendance area by the student's first day of school, you must request permission to enroll from the Director of School Assignment. Please submit your request through our online system → School Transfer RequestIf a student AND his/her parent are living with another family in the Marvin Ridge attendance area, a Certification of Residence must be completed and notarized. The appropriate address documentation must be attached. Submit this form with your enrollment packet ONLY if applicable.
We will begin enrolling for the 2020-21 school year in July. After your child's enrollment is verified as complete, you will receive instructions to sign up for a class registration session with school counseling. Course registration sessions will occur in August. Failure to provide complete paperwork and required documentation will delay the processing of your child's enrollment and course registration.
In addition to the new student enrollment packet, please include the documents listed below.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- NC Health Assessment Transmittal Form - only if the student is new to NC public schools
- Withdrawal Notice from the previous school
- Final Report Card from the previous school
- Unofficial Transcript from the previous school (required for credit transfer, proper grade and course placement)
- Standardized test scores
- EC / ESL records (if applicable)
- Parent Photo ID
- Two proofs of residence from the following list of acceptable documents:
1. Notarized lease/purchase agreement
2. Most recent utility bills (electric, gas, water, telephone, cable)
3. Current driver's license AND automobile registration
4. Current car insurance AND property insurance policies
5. Recent Income Tax W-2 form AND property tax bill