Enrollment Information For Students Who Are New To The Marvin Ridge High School Attendance Area
We will begin accepting New Student Enrollment paperwork on Monday, July 10th. When you submit all required paperwork, we will schedule an appointment for you to meet with a School Counselor to complete the enrollment process and register for classes.
The parents/guardians AND student must live in the Marvin Ridge attendance area before we can move forward with the enrollment process.
- Click the following link to the UCPS Edulog to check a street address for school assignment in Union County Public Schools: Edulog
- For special residency situations where a parent or guardian will not have the proof of residence documentation required prior to the first day of school, permission must be obtained from Mr. Archie Price, Interim Director of Support Services. If you do NOT live in the Marvin Ridge cluster but have a special reason for making the request to attend MRHS (i.e.: acceptance into the IB program, new home construction, etc.), you must apply for permission. Please complete the Student Transfer Form and a letter of explanation (if applicable) and submit to Mr. Price's office. (See address and fax number on the form.) If your request is approved, you must reapply every year.
- If a student and his/her family are living with another family in the Marvin Ridge attendance area, a Certification of Residence form must be completed and notarized. Also, appropriate address documentation must be attached.
Once residency in the Marvin Ridge attendance area is verified by Edulog above, parents should complete the new student enrollment packet (please see below) and bring to the school office. Once your paperwork is submitted and your child has been enrolled, you will have an opportunity this summer to meet with a school counselor to select classes. Please note: Failure to provide the required documentation will delay the processing of your child's enrollment.
In addition to the enrollment packet above, please bring the following items when enrolling your student:
- Birth Certificate - Required for enrollment
- Immunization Records - Required within 30 days of enrollment
- NC Health Assessment Transmittal Form - If the student is new to NC public schools (required within 30 days of enrollment)
- Final Report Card from the current/previous school
- Unofficial Transcript from the current/previous school (required for proper grade and course placement)
- Standardized test scores
- EC / ESL records (if applicable)
- Two proofs of residence - Required for enrollment. The following are acceptable documents to prove residency:
1. Current rental agreement or purchase agreement. This document must be notarized
2. Current utility bills (electric, gas, water, telephone, cable) within the last 30 days
3. Current driver's license AND automobile registration
4. Current car insurance AND property insurance policies
5. Recent Income Tax W-2 form AND property tax bill