Course Registration for Rising 10th-12th Grade
Course Selection Presentation for 2022-2023 - presentation about graduation requirements, course levels, academic pathways, electives, gpa, and the course selection timeline.
- Video on entering course selections in PowerSchool - this is a video presentation with instructions for students to make course selections.
- How to Enter Courses Selections in PowerSchool - this is a pdf with screenshots and instructions for students to make course selections.
- Teacher Recommendations - Teachers put recommendations in PowerSchool for each student on the next level course prior to 2/21.
Academic Course Plans - for rising 12th grade students (Class of 2023)
Academic Course Plans - for rising 10th - 11th grade students (Class of 2024, 2025)
Graduation Requirements - Class of 2023
Graduation Requirements - Class of 2024, 2025, 2026 and beyond
CTE Brochure - Career Technical Education classes at PRHS and Academies in UCPS
PRHS Pathways & Academies - career pathways and academies at PRHS
UCPS Career Academies - academy programs within UCPS
UCPS Program of Studies - UCPS program information and course descriptions. Information about graduation requirements, earning credits, and information on Pass/Fail and other grading choices is included in this guide.
Information from UCPS on CTE Academies and Pathways in the district
Information from UCPS on Academic and Elective Information in the district
- PRHS Advanced Placement Contract 2022-23- this form is to be filled out if you plan to select an AP course for the 22-23 school year
- PRHS Tutor Agreement- PRHS has 3 types of tutoring opportunities. This form allows the counselors to better suit your needs during course selection.
- PRHS Virtual Course Permission Form- Each student requesting to take an NC virtual or UC virtual class must have this permission form filled out by a parent.
- For the following applications/programs please speak to your counselor during your course selection meeting. The counselor will then provide you with the correct application/approval forms. If you need the form at a time after your meeting, see or email your counselor. Remember all course selections will need to go through your counselor.
- AP Courses, Health Science II, Yearbook Class, Media Assistant, Teacher Assistant, Teacher Cadet, Peer Tutor (specific HS course, Elementary Reading Buddy, Elementary Tutor, Middle School Tutor, Special Populations Buddy)
- Flex period for seniors (second semester for seniors only)
- PRHS and UCPS Career Academy applications
- CTE Internship and CTE Co-op Marketing
- End of Junior Year Early Grad and Senior Mid-Year Grad applications
- Career & College Promise - rising juniors and seniors interested in taking college classes next year should contact their counselor for more information. Students must have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
AP Capstone Diploma Program
Porter Ridge High School participates in the AP Capstone Diploma Program. It's a two-year program based on two AP courses—AP Seminar and AP Research. Other AP courses teach you, in depth, about a specific subject, like biology or U.S. history. AP Seminar and AP Research are different. They focus on helping you develop academic skills you can use in any discipline. Students must take a combination of AP courses that include AP Seminar in the Junior Year and AP Research in the senior year. Students must take a combination of AP courses that include AP Seminar in the Junior Year and AP Research in the senior year.
Participating in AP Capstone can help students:
- Stand out to colleges in the application process.
- Develop key academic skills they’ll use in college and beyond.
- Become self-confident, independent thinkers and problem solvers.
- Earn college credit: Many colleges offer credit for qualifying scores.
PRHS is a Leadership High School
Leader in Me is a:
MODEL The Leader in Me model is a unique blend of timeless paradigms and principles that create schoolwide culture change. The framework guides schools toward achieving measurable results.
PROCESS Leader in Me is a process of continuous growth and improvement. More than just another program, Leader in Me serves as the foundational operating system that improves your current initiatives.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY Leader in Me was created by educators, for educators. The model and process continue to evolve based on collective results from Leader in Me Schools throughout the world and the evolving needs in education today.
- College, Career, and Life Readiness
Leader in Me High School includes four courses, each designed to equip students with the essential skills they need to succeed. The habits and competencies developed in each of the courses are listed below.
Clubs and Special Interests Page
Students have the opportunity to get involved in High School in many different ways. Research shows that students who are involved in school or other community organizations excel more in academics and in areas of social-emotional health.
To view student-created videos or read information about our clubs, athletics, or arts programs please click here.
To go to the Athletics website please click here.
To see more information on our academic programs, such as AFJROTC, Pathways, Academies, or AP Capstone program please click here.
To see the Band website please click here.
To see more information about the Air Force JROTC Program that Porter Ridge and Piedmont High Schools partner in please click here.