The South Piedmont Community College Campus Cruiser will hit the road for the FAFSA Road Show events as they partner with Union County Public Schools to promote FAFSA Completion and college applications. Events will be held from 6:00 to 8:00 pm as follows:
October 9th at Porter Ridge High School
October 12th at Monroe High School
October 16th at Cuthbertson High School
October 19th at Forest Hills High School
Register for FAFSA Day at South Piedmont Community College! October 28 from 9a.m. - Noon. Click here to register
FAFSA Day - On October 28, 2017 from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. your local State Employees Credit Union will help you fill out your FAFSA. You do not have to be an SECU member to use this service.
College Foundation of North Carolina, the North Carolina Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, and State Employees' Credit Union will be offering free programs to help you complete and submit your FAFSA. Volunteers and financial aid officers will be on hand to help you at SPCC's Monroe Campus (4209 Old Charlotte Highway, Monroe, Campus Library, Building B) from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. For more information, and to register, please visit: https://www.onlineregistrationcenter.com/register/222/page1.asp?m=227&c=2810.Seniors can apply for financial aid beginning October 1st. Colleges recommend seniors apply between January and March. The application used to apply for financial aid is the FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It is available online at: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- The Basics on Grants and Scholarships - Learn the differences between these two forms of financial aid.
- Focus on Financial Aid: Myths and Micconceptions
- 10 Smart Ways to Maximize your FAFSA
- College Cost Calculator
- Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
- FELS provides financial assistance to students who qualify that are enrolled in approved programs and commit to work in critical employment shortage professions in North Carolina upon completion of the program.
- Estimate your Aid with the FAFSA4caster
- Comparing Financial Aid Offers
Financial Aid Websites:Financial Basics for High School and Beyond is a FREE online course offered by CFNC.org. Students can learn how to manage money through an interactive curriculum that includes videos, fact sheets, tools and calculators. The course is aligned to NC DPI Personal Finance standards. Successful course completion will automatically enter students in a $500 Scholarship contest! For more information, please visit: https://www.cfnc.org/paying/financial_literacy.jsp.